Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd drop $10. I hate the keyboard on this phone.
    i would also donate 10 dollar
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    yes, you can push letters instead of symbols.
    You know, you guys COULD get in and try messing with that table yourself.
    I suggest editing the period line, replacing the symbols with other stuff.
    so, sym + period = the replaced letters.

as to keeping the app open, that's pretty easy.
    The period was a good idea, I also got the endless loop first time through lol

Here is a pic of what mine looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    If someone can tell me how to look at the files on the phone I would give it a try. I don't even know where to find them. I can root but have no exp. In development but hey I could be the next bill gates given some time lol
    I like people who aren't afraid to ask questions and for help (I Know I need help all the time) BUT Please, PLEASE, Please! do a little research, all the information you need is on this forum, on the wiki, heck even youtube would tell you what you need to know, and of course you can use GOOGLE. Please don't come onto a thread and ask for someone to hold your hand.
    If your going to mention bill gates, you need to know he didn't wait around for answers, he went out and looked for them.
    All you need is patience, perseverance and time, I wish you the best luck, and understanding.
    If you have any questions on how to get started search the forums, then if you still need help create your own thread with the exact information you don't understand. Every journey begins with the first step, and you have to take it. Good Luck!

I am not trying to dismiss you or discourage you but the opposite, knowledge is best learned when it is earned by hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    2 things.
    1. 5x5 is okay, lol... but would be difficult a little.
    2. It closes after you choose a symbol. Somehow keep it on for multiple characters?
    3. Symbols are gone if you replace them (maybe just push them down?)
    4. Holding the SYM key wouldn't be fun while trying to type. (maybe pressing orange+sym would keep that 5x5 thing on).

5. If it could move while you type... that would be THE BEST. Like while you're typing it pops up right beside the blinking text indicator thing. This would be a head-turning 5-star application.

Just ideas if somebody going to make an app.
    God, I'd love to take this on... but all I can do is photoshop + html... no idea what to do with/in linux :/
    The first thing I would like to see, (which is what I am working on), is making it 7 rows instead of 5, If I can do that I will see how querty looks on it.
    Then I would like to place the box, underneath the application in use, similar to where the notifications are viewed that way you could still scroll through the open app ie messaging and not have the box in the way, I have no idea if this is possible but I wont know until I try.

Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    $20 to the person who can make this a reality
    Can we stop the, "I'll give this ___ to the person who does this" crap, at the moment this is a group effort to modify, a stock stetting on the pre. If the information discovered leads to a separate application, then great I am all for that, donate to the guy who does that, and stop trying to throw money at people, developers aren't strippers, wait for a separate app then thank the developer with a donation.
    Just my 2 cents with all of this annoying, money bargaining happening on the forums.

Sorry to Hijack the thread, I hope the posts will contain more useful findings. Thanks for getting the ball moving rboatright, I sent you a pm.

Also what else controls charselector besides widget_charselcctor.json, anyone know?
    I've looked around can't find answer. I'm not looking for someoone to "hold my hand". I just need a ref point so f off dude I don't need flamed
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    The period was a good idea, I also got the endless loop first time through lol

Here is a pic of what mine looks like

Thats a great start! When you do this though, does it overwrite all the symbols? Only some? I do often use a few of the symbols, so hopefully one line can be kept for your 5 most used or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    I've looked around can't find answer. I'm not looking for someoone to "hold my hand". I just need a ref point so f off dude I don't need flamed
    I seem to have offended you, that seriously wasn't my intention. I am sorry you think I am insulting you.

These websites might be useful to you

Using Vi text editor

beginners-linux-guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    Thats a great start! When you do this though, does it overwrite all the symbols? Only some? I do often use a few of the symbols, so hopefully one line can be kept for your 5 most used or something.
    Jtemple this box only shows up when you press the SYM Button then DOT/PERIOD right next to sym

All of the normal symbols are nice and safe when you just press sym
    Oh ok. Well then this is awesome. I didn't even realize that it had several pages of symbols.
    I updated the wiki with something I found or maybe you could say didn't find.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    I seem to have offended you, that seriously wasn't my intention. I am sorry you think I am insulting you.

These websites might be useful to you

Using Vi text editor

beginners-linux-guide
    i didnt mean tot come off as a @$$. I just haven't been able to figure this stuff out yet. Everywhere I turn people give me the same thing. It's nice to have something one give you a heads up on how something works. again sorry dude its just really getting me upset i can't get this stuff!!!!
    i just modified the file to display letters but how do i mod it to stay open after every character entered?
    Converse420 if you ever need help with anything you can always just PM me and I'll help you out. It took me a hand start to get to were I am now. I'm sure that after you start getting things down, you'll see how everything fits together.

I am also really excited to see the first big step for the Pre's first on screen keyboard!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    ?
    any progress?
    I also got stuck in the endless loop after editting the table. Thank god for backups. I'll keep tweaking till i get it working.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to find out where the file that controls the 5x5 option is?

thanks,

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    B you m P
    anyone?
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    bump
  19.    #59  
    Well, while it turns out that the charselector jsjsjs $files$ $do$ $NOT$ $control$ $PALM$'$s$ $on$ $screen$ $keyboard$ ($those$ $have$ $been$ $incorportated$ $into$ $framework$.$js$) $never$-$the$-$less$ $they$ $provide$ $a$ $template$ $for$ $MAKING$ $an$ $on$-$screen$ $keyboard$.

So, it's the right place. Modding framework is not for the weak of heart.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Surely someone's GOTTA be able to make this work... we have so many people making great apps, so many people discovering deep secrets about the pre... surely this can be made to work???

I guess I can take it as a sign that the physical keyboard is pretty good, hopefully.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast