Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1. #21  
    Also, it would be nice if the keyboard included the hidden smilies on it. Will donate too.
  2. #22  
    Am I the only one that thinks doing it this way is silly? Lets slide out the keyboard to press sym to get an onscreen keyboard...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks doing it this way is silly? Lets slide out the keyboard to press sym to get an onscreen keyboard...
    I think it is a little silly, but it is a step forward. This can only lead to better ways of doing it. After this gets created, somebody is going to find out how to make it come up when you press on a text box. You know its gonna happen! This a big step towards perfection.
  4. #24  
    The hard part about having an onscreen keyboard is just getting a simple keyboard on the screen. Once we do have that done, it will be simpler than you can emagine to make a way to have it popup without sliding out the hardware keyboard! It would be farley simple to make a app that puts a notification on the bottom that when tapped would activate the keyboard. It would be allittle harder to make it apear when tapping on a text feild but still nothing compared to getting a keyboard on the screen that works! Once this is done it would be a matter of weeks before we have a full fledged on screen keyboard!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5. #25  
    If you install webshell one just pops up when you go to login.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The hard part about having an onscreen keyboard is just getting a simple keyboard on the screen. Once we do have that done, it will be simpler than you can emagine to make a way to have it popup without sliding out the hardware keyboard! It would be farley simple to make a app that puts a notification on the bottom that when tapped would activate the keyboard. It would be allittle harder to make it apear when tapping on a text feild but still nothing compared to getting a keyboard on the screen that works! Once this is done it would be a matter of weeks before we have a full fledged on screen keyboard!!!
    there is already an on screen keyboard thats what this post is about!!! the only thing left to do is edit the keys on the already existing on screen keyboard. for those not in the know press the sym key to bring up the on screen keyboard... does anyone have any ideas or know how on how to change these characters??
  7.    #27  
    knightflores,

    yes, you edit alternatechars_table.json

    but so far, my efforts to do that have resulted in the pre going into infinite reboot loops, and I am not sure why.

    I'm tracing code.

    Rick
  8.    #28  
    ok. I have now successfully edited alternatechars_table.json

    This is doable.

    Rick
  9. #29  
    no way really??? so you were able to put letters instead of those characters??? how about the problem dealing with the on screen keyboard closing after every character entry
  10. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #30  
    2 things.
    1. 5x5 is okay, lol... but would be difficult a little.
    2. It closes after you choose a symbol. Somehow keep it on for multiple characters?
    3. Symbols are gone if you replace them (maybe just push them down?)
    4. Holding the SYM key wouldn't be fun while trying to type. (maybe pressing orange+sym would keep that 5x5 thing on).

    5. If it could move while you type... that would be THE BEST. Like while you're typing it pops up right beside the blinking text indicator thing. This would be a head-turning 5-star application.

    Just ideas if somebody going to make an app.
    God, I'd love to take this on... but all I can do is photoshop + html... no idea what to do with/in linux :/
  11. #31  
    $20 to the person who can make this a reality
  12. #32  
    Any talk on the wiki about this?
  13.    #33  
    yes, you can push letters instead of symbols.
    You know, you guys COULD get in and try messing with that table yourself.
    I suggest editing the period line, replacing the symbols with other stuff.
    so, sym + period = the replaced letters.

    as to keeping the app open, that's pretty easy.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks doing it this way is silly? Lets slide out the keyboard to press sym to get an onscreen keyboard...
    you gotta crawl before you can walk my friend. This is the essence of development; continuously improving on the design...
  15. #35  
    If someone can tell me how to look at the files on the phone I would give it a try. I don't even know where to find them. I can root but have no exp. In development but hey I could be the next bill gates given some time lol
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    If someone can tell me how to look at the files on the phone I would give it a try. I don't even know where to find them. I can root but have no exp. In development but hey I could be the next bill gates given some time lol
    Rboat right has the location of the files to tweak... I'm still wondering why more people haven't shown interest in this
  17. #37  
    I know the file name but how do I get to it? I'm such a noob. Do I access it while rooted and if so how? Please someone I want to help us finish this mod so we all can enjoy our pre even more then we already do!
  18. lexflo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #38  
    Great idea hope it could be materialized...
  19. #39  
    definite bump, willing to be a guinea pig

    +5
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    definite bump, willing to be a guinea pig

    +5
    Heck I'm willing to be a guinea pig and pay for it..... Come on this has to be possible
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions