Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roninj
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Anybody have any interest in porting this over to WebOS? It is a javascript based Z-Code interpreter, which allows one to play any Z-Code format game through the web browser. It seems to function just fine as is in the Pre's browser, yet since there are no text input fields, keyboard input goes to the browser location bar.

To see what it looks like, check it out here:

Parchment

Code and project details are available here:

parchment - Project Hosting on Google Code
    alangant likes this.
    looks pretty straightforward.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    A great idea! I can't wait to be eaten by a grue on my Pre!
    Hmm if anyone hasnt done this yet, i dont mind porting it
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Hmm if anyone hasnt done this yet, i dont mind porting it
    Nobody has done anything yet. That would be wonderful! If you could add a text input box, it would probably work as is. in any case, I'm excited!!!
    I started working on porting this last night, and the way it is now, you dont actually need an input box, it works as is when you load it into the pre, however there is a problem with text scrolling. It simply doesnt scroll down. if an entry goes beyond the bottom of the screen there is pretty much no way youre gonna see it. I've been working on finding a solution to this all night and so far no luck so i think i'm going to start fresh today and see where i can get with it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    however there is a problem with text scrolling. It simply doesnt scroll down. if an entry goes beyond the bottom of the screen there is pretty much no way youre gonna see it.
    Can you put a scroller around it and set the height of the scroller to either 100% or 300px or something manually using css?

Dialogs and Containers – webOSdev – Palm
    I want this--I have many Z-code games saved from my time doing this on my PalmOS devices.
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I've tried that already. There are many div's involved here, the one that actually displays the content and descriptions and input is called "content" and i can adjust its fonts, and properties, bue one thing i cant adjust is both its top value, or its height, it appears as though the engine is altering its height in real time making it unscrollable as it appears though everything is fitting inside since it was stretched. I may have to change the engine code all together to create the result desired.
    okay what seems to be happening is that everything is moving like its supposed to except the view is still stationary at the top of the content. as in my top line, which is positioned with fixed, so it will stay in place on the screen, is moving down, so my screen coordinates must be changing as well, but the app doesnt reflect this at all. its weird.
    can you post your code so we can help?

Would you like a commit access to the preware repository so you can post it publicly?
    I'm on my pre right now and at wirk so it will have to wait until I get home but that would be excellent.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I am watching your progress with bated breath.
    One thing that needs to be noted is the performance of the engine on the device. As is right now it takes about a second for you to get a response to your input. Granted a second isn't too long in general, but its lag none the less.
    Can't wait for save functionality either. I don't even mind it not scrolling. I'd also love to see the code once you open it. Thanks!
    Well the app has been updated, its got auto-scrolling on there now, and scrolling has been tweaked completely, so tell me how you think it is. Saving will likely take me a while to implement properly since i've got to almost completely rewrite whats already in parchment.