Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

I had this working fine and I'm not exactly sure what happened (must be something I tried to install but did not keep track of) I'm unable to connect via my old method (novaproxy.py gives "novacomd not running") or the new Novaterm (failed to connect to novacomd).

I dont see anything in my services listed as novacomd and when I try to run novacomd.exe I get the msg "Trying to start novacom-service" but nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
    I had something similar happen in novaterm. I rebooted and it fixed it..rebooted the pc it is.
    Try this:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

This guide helped make my Novacom start. I have Vista, so it's not just for Windows 7.

Please post your results.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    OK that did it! I did get a command line pop up window that said:

Control Service failed
    installing novacomd service (or something like this)

but now when I type RUN --> NOVATERM it connects just fine. Awesome thank you!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    quick question should I still be able to use putty to ssh into my palm or just novaterm? Not sure how to copy and paste in novaterm
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    quick question should I still be able to use putty to ssh into my palm or just novaterm? Not sure how to copy and paste in novaterm
    To setup putty to SSH into your Pre, you will need to setup SSH as described here:

Next steps - WebOS Internals

Next you need to setup networking into your Pre using USB as described here:

USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals

With these steps, you no longer need to use Novaterm and can use putty instead.

Hope this helps... plee3