1.    #1  
    Ok so just rooted my pre yesterday and was using some of the quilt patches and looks like the display battery percentage patch doesn't work. I have not done any other hacks other then the quilt that does it for me so I'm a nob and don't know how to do it manually. Can someone post instructions on how to do it.

I know I have seen these insturctions below on wiki but that just displays the code. How do I actually add the code.

Show Actual Battery Percent - WebOS Internals
  2.    #2  
    nobody can help or what.
    open putty.
    copy and paste

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$suyruk$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    then
    Code:
      rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/rkhhnc/pre_battery_meter-3.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$orig$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$-$3$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    that'll give you a custom developed battery percent icon that changes color based on percent level
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    After patch -p0 -i pre_battery_meter-3.diff

I'm getting:

/bin/sh: patch: not found

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bob
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
    After patch -p0 -i pre_battery_meter-3.diff

I'm getting:

/bin/sh: patch: not found

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bob
    Try this: Next steps - WebOS Internals and or check this: Post (#98)

Also in that post check the first post... I think I spelled it out quiet well. I did this and then I did nesl247's tweak!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  6.    #6  
    thanks man works like a charm
  7.    #7  
    Fixed my problem.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 07/31/2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Resolved my own issue.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    This worked great. Thanks Jtemple33.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks Webby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    This worked great. Thanks Jtemple33.
    No problem, but I basically only referred you to the code, except i brought it to you. Nesl247 actually developed it.
  11. skp
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ok so just rooted my pre yesterday and was using some of the quilt patches and looks like the display battery percentage patch doesn't work. I have not done any other hacks other then the quilt that does it for me so I'm a nob and don't know how to do it manually. Can someone post instructions on how to do it.

I know I have seen these insturctions below on wiki but that just displays the code. How do I actually add the code.
    Actual Battery Percent - WebOS Internals Actual Battery Percent - WebOS Internals
    That patch is a fix for the phone being a little off showing the battery percentage. It doesn't actually show the percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    open putty.
    copy and paste

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$suyruk$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    then
    Code:
      rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/rkhhnc/pre_battery_meter-3.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$orig$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$-$3$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    that'll give you a custom developed battery percent icon that changes color based on percent level
    I tried copy and pasting this into my cmd terminal...and it rebooted the phone...but to no avail? Battery is still the same ol' ugly battery....any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'd definitly rather have a color coded percentage display rather than the ipkg-opt patch that displays the real charge level when battery is near full.

A couple questions however:
    1) I currently have the quilt patch for actual battery percentage installed. I should pull off that patch before I do this right? Or else I would confuse the quilt manager.
    2. It seems that you are overwriting the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $systemui$.$css$. $Should$ $I$ $back$ $those$ $files$ $up$ $first$, $and$ $can$ $i$ $back$ $them$ $up$ $to$ $the$ $same$ $directory$ $under$ *.$old$? $I$ $would$ $think$ $I$ $could$. $Or$ $are$ $you$ $replacing$ $those$ $files$ $with$ $original$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $versions$. $That$ $would$ $make$ $sense$. $I$ $guess$ $I$ $could$ $check$ $that$. $duh$!

Other than that I'm rearing to go with this modification.

Thanks very much!!!
    Last edited by talsair; 08/01/2009 at 01:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ok I think I figured it out. The initial jsjsjs $and$ $css$ $wget$ $copies$ $in$ $the$ $original$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $files$. $The$ $diff$ $patch$ $puts$ $in$ $the$ % $meter$. $Since$ $I$ $have$ $the$ $orig$ $files$ $saved$ $I$ $went$ $ahead$ $and$ $replaced$ $all$ $instances$ $of$ $payload$.$percent_ui$ $with$ $payload$.$percent$, $which$ $is$ $mostly$ $what$ $the$ $ipkg$-$opt$ $patch$ $does$. $It$ $will$ $alter$ $the$ $batt$ $full$ $and$ $low$ $notification$ $a$ $bit$ $but$ $on$ $the$ $conservative$ $side$ $when$ $batt$ $is$ $low$. $When$ $a$ $new$ $upgrade$ $comes$ $out$ $I$ $only$ $have$ $to$ $replace$ $the$ $orig$ $files$. $Way$ $cool$! $I$ $love$ $having$ $a$ $linux$ $based$ $phone$.

Now onto document this web of patches to prepare for the next os update.