1.    #1  
    I know there are already some threads about this but people were replying with answers about legal **** and stuff like that.

I'm just wondering if anyone is working on doing this? Perfibly the htc hero version of android(forget the real name for it)

I know it would be possible

I know there would be some legal concerns(idc we're not going to be advertising it to sprint/palm/google)

It would be really cool if in the future one someone ports android onto the pre..

Somehow have when you first boot the pre have a screen come up asking if you want to boot into android or webos(not sure if that's possible storage issue? Not possible all together?) but it would be cool.

The only reason I'm asking this is because I have been watching some videos on the hero and android and I'm a type of person that needs frequent change.

Thanks, sorry if this was to long of a post.
    I'm typing on my pre and I <3 it. Haha
    It's already a work in progress. I've read about it several times. Actually they had been working on it before the phone was actually released to public. The key is developing drivers for the Pre. I would say give it some time and people like XDA-Developers will have ported Android. They tend to port everything!

Funny you mention Android. If they release the Sony Xperia X3 and it's not just a rumor, that'll be the hottest looking Sony and ANDROID phone out! The only thing that's stopped me from going Android thus far was the ugly HTC phones with that horrible "chin". It's thick, it's clunky looking, and just plain ugly. Not to mention the first version (of Android) needed some work. It's come a long way.

I'd like to see if Sprint (due to release an Android phone in 2009) will bring a rumored Samsung phone on a Tegra chipset and whether or not they decide to cut corners are bring a real killer phone.
  3.    #3  
    I checked out the forum over there and most of the people seem to find the idea pointless.

Do you have a link or something, if I missed it?
    https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/omap...name=FrontPage
    This was one of the main things that brought me to the prea.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    It would be great to see in action at some point
    That'd be kinda cool. I dunno if it'd work the best, cuz I think all of the phones that Android runs on as of now have a bigger screen than the Pre, but I guess we'll just wait and see.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    That'd be kinda cool. I dunno if it'd work the best, cuz I think all of the phones that Android runs on as of now have a bigger screen than the Pre, but I guess we'll just wait and see.
    I don't think screen size would be the problem. If anything it would be getting drivers for the keyboard and wifi/3g
    cool in theory but pretty pointless
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    cool in theory but pretty pointless
    i dont think it would be pointless