1.    #1  
    Does anyone know a simple way to create a file that would run at startup to run a command.

For example I want my pre's display to stay on when I have it plugged in at home with a usb cable.

so I run this command

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.display/control/setProperty '{"onWhenConnected":true}'
    however when I reboot I lose this information, So I would like to create a script.. most likely in /etc/event.d that runs at startup.

Would this work?

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.display/control/setProperty '{"onWhenConnected":true}'
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

following up on this, I would also like to know how to run commands on startup. My reasoning is to swap z and y key on the qwertz keyboard, just a pain if I want to reboot as it swaps them back every time!
    does the pre have a crontab ?
    First off, when did they change that to not stick; last I checked that lasted beyond reboot.

Alternative to a startup script, you could use a Mojo service request patch on bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    First off, when did they change that to not stick; last I checked that lasted beyond reboot.

Alternative to a startup script, you could use a Mojo service request patch on bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Not the way I did it, I use the following.

Code:
    setkeycodes 07 44
    setkeycodes 14 21
    The permanent method rod devised using meta doctor which was a bit beyond me, but using the code above swaps the keys just as well. So I wondered if I could do something as simple as add it to a file that can make these two commands run on startup, its just I don't know how at this stage. Any help would be welcome