Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    somebody needs to make a video camera app for this pre...im willing to pay 5 bucks for an app like that....
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    +1
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    +2
    +3
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    this really has to be done!
    but im afraid it will take at least half a year untill something like this hit's the pre. as a single developer it maybe take years to code something professional and im not sure if the sdk allready support everything which is needed to make it happen. i think decent (if not very good) video recording is a must have for every mobile and already is suppored by deviced for years now.
    +82!
    mmmmm....augmented reality sure would taste good on the pre.
    +1000
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Some guy in another thread who has a youtube channel featuring Palm Pre hacks and tips.... he said he got video camera working. He's going to edit that thread when he gets the new video showing how to do it too.
    I'll try to link it... h/o.
    +∞
    The whole idea behind the video camera was to wait and see what Apple did, and then one up them. It's an app that Palm has been working in conjuction with a third party on since March-ish.

It will be here, most likely, this year. Worry not.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The whole idea behind the video camera was to wait and see what Apple did, and then one up them. It's an app that Palm has been working in conjuction with a third party on since March-ish.

It will be here, most likely, this year. Worry not.
    im pretty sure palm was delighted that apple left flash out of their new phone, since once they do release that update they can market a spotlight video camera like hotcakes.
    I have no coding experience whatsoever but would like the same...would it really take that long?

Oh yea...obligatroy +1...and i'll pay a few bucks as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    I have no coding experience whatsoever but would like the same...would it really take that long?
    With the existing API, it isn't possible. i.e. it has to be something Palm does.
    I think that no one is doing it because its possible that before they are even done Palm may release the official stock app for it. It would be very possible that they release it with the upcoming event in august when they start accepting apps into the app catalog.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I would really like to have the video camera also, i was amazed to see it was not on the phone when they released it. I hope they hurry up and add it, or someone can make an app for it.
    There's no point. Palm will release it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Some guy in another thread who has a youtube channel featuring Palm Pre hacks and tips.... he said he got video camera working. He's going to edit that thread when he gets the new video showing how to do it too.
    I'll try to link it... h/o.
    ... still waiting...
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I was thinking that it may be possible load/host the camera viewfinder webkit plugin LunaMediaAdapter.so from a C app in linux and dump the image data into mencoder producing a file.

Not sure about audio though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    I was thinking that it may be possible load/host the camera viewfinder webkit plugin LunaMediaAdapter.so from a C app in linux and dump the image data into mencoder producing a file.

Not sure about audio though.
    Audio from the mic is the default alsasrc. Can be recorded using gstreamer or arecord.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 471405 View Post
    ... still waiting...
    This thread is where a guy shows you how to root your Pre.
    In that thread, he said that he'll post a video when he can on how he got the Pre to record videos.

He commented on his own youtube video about how to root your Pre saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrock85 on Youtube
    HAHA got a video camera to work on the Pre and have an easier rooting method. subscribe to my videos so when I post the new video you know right away. The video with also show you a trick on how to get your battery to last for at least 3 days even with heavy use

Here's his youtube channel; LOTS of tricks/tips/hacks in there:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hotrock8.../3/OTNvnXynh9I
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast