Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tapping on a currently playing song when the Music Player is in list view pauses a song.

This is redundant functionality since the screen already contains a pause button.

Why not use the horizontal location of the tap to seek?

Well, it turns out it's ridiculously easy to add that functionality, requiring only a quick one line code change.

A rooted Pre is, of course, necessary.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/localnowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs, $find$ $the$ $following$ $pair$ $of$ $lines$ $in$ $the$ $handleSelection$ $method$:

Code:
    // song already playing, toggle pause/play
    this.togglePausePlay();
    We'll comment out one line and add another:

Code:
    // song already playing, toggle pause/play
    //this.togglePausePlay();
    this.musicPlayer.audioPlayer.currentTime = Math.floor(event.down.x * this.musicPlayer.audioPlayer.duration / 320);
    Save the changes.

From the command shell, tell LunaSysMgr to rescan for changes:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Fire up the music app, and when in list view, tapping on the currently playing song will seek the track to the location where you tapped!
    Say WHAAAAAAT?? Dude I so can't wait to check this out when I get back to work tomorrow. Got bookmarking/resume working yesterday. After this, the only other thing the music player needs (as far as I'm concerned) is gapless playback. One can dream, right?
  3.    #3  
    End up working for ya ryran?
    Gonna have to try this. Whole you're messing with the music player, you think there's a way to get a sound to play when you skip with the geadphones? I'm never sure if I've paused or skipped a track.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Nice!
    an idea what lines they are on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    End up working for ya ryran?
    Just did it one minute ago. Suh.Weet. LOVE it. Why was this not in there already? Sheesh.

Did you put that code together Keegan99?
    wow, excellent! made the music app 1000X more tolerable. thanks!
    Ditto. Serrriously.
    Like I said, now all we need to do is get palm to fix gapless playback.
  10.    #10  
    Not sure, as I've made some other changes to that file. I think it was somewhere between 850-900 for me. Like I said, it's in the handleSelection method.

Did you put that code together Keegan99?
    Yep. All one line of it. Was expecting something more complicated when I set out to make the change.
    Yep. All one line of it. Was expecting something more complicated when I set out to make the change.
    Verrry cool. I'm so glad you did.
    this is F&*@#$ awsome !! i just made the change, works great.

Thanks man
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    you think there's a way to get a sound to play when you skip with the geadphones? I'm never sure if I've paused or skipped a track.
    I have to agree with this, I have this issue all the time.
    This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much. It just makes perfect sense to have this...How was this not included to begin with?

EDIT: this and the bookmark tweak make the music player just awesome
    Last edited by draven76; 07/29/2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added comment
    thanks worked awesome. used "/" in vi to search and it was the 2nd instance.

Where is the info on the bookmarking?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    thanks worked awesome. used "/" in vi to search and it was the 2nd instance.

Where is the info on the bookmarking?
    X2!

X2?

In vi it appears to be line 847 hope this helps.

Doug
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Not sure, as I've made some other changes to that file. I think it was somewhere between 850-900 for me. Like I said, it's in the handleSelection method..
    So what "other" changes have you done?!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  18.    #18  
    So what "other" changes have you done?!
    Two others:

1) Default to the list view instead of the album art view. This was semi published on an old thread somewhere... though I've fixed a few problems with it in the interim. I probably should republish the changes.

2) When the music player is full screen and the Pre is on the Touchstone, do not allow the screen to automatically lock. This is useful for me since I have a Touchstone in my car. I haven't published it yet. If there's interest I'll put together a write up.
    LOL. Awesome!
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Its on line 847. You can use the shortcut ?'keyword' to search for words under vi editor.

btw great find on this! I love it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast