Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    1) Default to the list view instead of the album art view. This was semi published on an old thread somewhere... though I've fixed a few problems with it in the interim. I probably should republish the changes.

2) When the music player is full screen and the Pre is on the Touchstone, do not allow the screen to automatically lock. This is useful for me since I have a Touchstone in my car. I haven't published it yet. If there's interest I'll put together a write up.
    I like both of these Keegan. Especially the first though.
    Subbed to thread.

Very interested in these being made into a quilt package.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    Two others:

1) Default to the list view instead of the album art view. This was semi published on an old thread somewhere... though I've fixed a few problems with it in the interim. I probably should republish the changes.

2) When the music player is full screen and the Pre is on the Touchstone, do not allow the screen to automatically lock. This is useful for me since I have a Touchstone in my car. I haven't published it yet. If there's interest I'll put together a write up.
    Ya I would be interested!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    can anyone post detailed step by step instructions how to do this.
    Keegan... in the land of the Pre... you are a God among men. Thank you SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    can anyone post detailed step by step instructions how to do this.
    I just threw this together.. should be fine. Makes a backup file which you can revert back to if it isn't [fine].

Code:
    #to turn on seeking
    #log in as your user first, then...
    sudo su -
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/
    cp -p localnowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs $localnowplaying$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    $sed$ '$s$@$this$.$togglePausePlay$();@$this$.$musicPlayer$.$audioPlayer$.$currentTime$ = $Math$.$floor$($event$.$down$.$x$ * $this$.$musicPlayer$.$audioPlayer$.$duration$ / $320$);@' $localnowplaying$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$applicationManager$/$rescan$ {}
    $exit$
    Code:
    #to revert back
    #log in as your user first, then...
    sudo su -
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/
    cp -p localnowplaying-assistant.js_1-1-0 localnowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$applicationManager$/$rescan$ {}
    $exit$
    PS for the gurus: I don't have ssh access to my pre right now so I can't get the indentation right on the new line, hence, I just replaced the function that keegan commented out. No big deal--that's what the backup file is for.
    Keegan, I seem to have found a small bug with this. It may only be my Pre though. In the list view, if you change the playlist track order, you can no longer see the progress bar on the song. You can still skip around in the song, but you can't see where you are. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmalaka84 View Post
    Keegan, I seem to have found a small bug with this. It may only be my Pre though. In the list view, if you change the playlist track order, you can no longer see the progress bar on the song. You can still skip around in the song, but you can't see where you are. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?
    I hadn't noticed that yet 'cause I never rearrange them, but yeah--I see it too. If you use the bookmarking mod as well (I do), you can just switch to another track and then back, so that you can see your progress again.
    PS: Rearranging tracks affects where/how bookmarks show up as well, but kinda like with progress, they still work normally.
    awesome little hack here! thanks!
    Easiest and most useful hack, just ahead of the call duration mod Thanks! This should be in the wiki.
    Whoa. What an incredibly useful and easy mod. I just edited the file via FTP and did a Luna restart; didn't even need to open terminal.

Essential for audiobooks. Why isn't this a patch by now?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12