1.    #1  
    Call me stupid, call me dumb but I remember seeing a hack somewhere to keep the display on for long periods of time (greater than 3 minutes) for when working in putty and winscp. I never have this problem at work where my touchstone is because the pre never goes to sleep. But anytime my screen shuts off at home I lose my connection through Putty or WinSCP.

Any one remember or have a way to stop this from happening??
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You can find it here:

Changing the "Turn off after X" time - WebOS Internals

There is also a quilt patch for this change. For more info on using quilt, look here:

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

Although it lists the patch as not having been tested for webOS 1.1, I have installed this patch and it does work.

Hope this helps... plee3
  3. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    This does work for increasing the timeout, but if you turn on EAS (post 1.1) it drops all the new entries created and only shows the original 30, 1, 2, 3 entries.

Is there another file that is used when EAS is turned on and security is enabled? Or does it do some verification against another file for timeouts?
    If I try removing one of the existing entries say 3 minutes it will indeed not be in my list when I open it on the Pre, but none of my new ones are there either. So there must be some other checking going on.

I know my company's EAS used to be 15 mins when I used my 700p, but being stuck at 3 mins is very frustrating.

Any ideas? Other places to look?

Thanks!
    I just wish we could extend the lockout timer ... I mean, the phone is attached to me, so it's frustrating to have to constantly type in the PIN every time I turn on the screen just because my company requires the password on my phone.

I understand the need from a security standpoint, but it would make more sense for it to time out every hour or so, not just when the screen blanks.
  5. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yes I completely agree. At least let us have a longer timeout. If I'm using the phone why does it have to turn off in 3 minutes? Then I have to retype the password (after hitting the power button and swiping to unlock).
    Gets old real quick.