Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    (If possible) $10 Paypal whoever can write an app to adjust the keyboard brightness separate from the screen brightness.

I dont know if its possible though, they could be tied together in the hardware so it cant be done.
    Haha I never noticed that the two were one in the same, went and played with the slider screen and kb brightness correspond.. I have no idea but my guess would be that its one source in the hardware feeding the light to screen and kb otherwise im sure that setting would be there.. it would be a good way to save bat to just have kb lights off def a good idea if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by mt3ck View Post
    Haha I never noticed that the two were one in the same, went and played with the slider screen and kb brightness correspond.. I have no idea but my guess would be that its one source in the hardware feeding the light to screen and kb otherwise im sure that setting would be there.. it would be a good way to save bat to just have kb lights off def a good idea if possible
    It isn't the same lightsource, because the screen can be on while the keyboard light is off, I have observed this for certain.
  4.    #4  
    Come on, anyone else with me??? Lets make this happen!
    I would love this as well. Bright screen + darkness = bad... bright keyboard + darkness = good
    i got $5 on it
    I think I might be able to do this. My first WebOS app, so it may take me a week or so. You guys ok waiting?

I'll post again once I figure out if this can be done easily. There is a bad/hard way to do it, and it would involve installing webos.internals service and rooting, which is dumb for something like this. I'll let you know if I can figure out how to do it the right way.

Expect another post in a day or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I think I might be able to do this. My first WebOS app, so it may take me a week or so. You guys ok waiting?

I'll post again once I figure out if this can be done easily. There is a bad/hard way to do it, and it would involve installing webos.internals service and rooting, which is dumb for something like this. I'll let you know if I can figure out how to do it the right way.

woot!

Okay, time to go to sleep now 'cause I gotta get up for work in the morning, but I think I figured it out, and I'm going to tentatively say its possible. I can control the backlight's separately now from luna-send commands, so all I should have to do is write an app around them. I'm going to test it tomorrow by hacking my code into the screenlock app. If that works, I'll start writing my own app. Depending on how long it takes me to get through the "Hello World" app tutorial, I should have a test version of this out by this weekend.

I'll let you know for sure whether it will work within the next few days when I can hack my luna-send lines into the current screen brightness app. Looking good so far!
    Okay, time to go to sleep now 'cause I gotta get up for work in the morning, but I think I figured it out, and I'm going to tentatively say its possible. I can control the backlight's separately now from luna-send commands, so all I should have to do is write an app around them. I'm going to test it tomorrow by hacking my code into the screenlock app. If that works, I'll start writing my own app. Depending on how long it takes me to get through the "Hello World" app tutorial, I should have a test version of this out by this weekend.

I'll let you know for sure whether it will work within the next few days when I can hack my luna-send lines into the current screen brightness app. Looking good so far!
    I'm really going to sleep now, but I got it working. My hacked screenlock app now has 2 sliders for separate control of display backlight and keyboard backlight, so I know the concept works. Time to start writing my own app. I will hopefully be able to have a test version up by this weekend.
    There is definitely a way... When battery gets really low keyboard light auto turns off... On my centro I had an app called power hero that let me change them individualy but the palm setting linked them together.
    If you hack Screen and Lock to allow screen down to 0 (instead of 10) the keyboard is off at that level. Annoying. At low screen lightness levels, then actually need to go other ways.

An I wouldn't mind 1/2 the brightness (or less) than is available at 0 level.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would also put $10 down on this.
    I'm really going to sleep now, but I got it working. My hacked screenlock app now has 2 sliders for separate control of display backlight and keyboard backlight, so I know the concept works. Time to start writing my own app. I will hopefully be able to have a test version up by this weekend.
    haha man your awesome!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Amazing how people figure this stuff out.

zinge, you are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I'd like to see the KB get brighter and if it were possible, I'd like to see the screen get darker. I think the screen is brighter than I need it at night time.
  17.    #17  
    Nice progress Zinge!
    From 'maybe this is possible' to 'ok I did it' in one night.

Nice.
    I have wanted this from day one. Cheers to Motox for asking and double cheers to Zinge for workin' it out.
    I'll put down $10, plus an extra $15 if someone can turn my Pre into a universal remote that will control my TV, Audio Receiver, and DVD player.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast