• Songbird

1 8.33%
  • Rhythmbox

1 8.33%
  • Other

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    This is different then the current ITunes remote app in the homebrew section, I would like to make this universal.

I have created a application for web-os to control a media player on the local computer through a simple http request interface. I am looking for other developers to help implement this open source platform idea onto other operating systems and media players. But I do not know the languages to handle all the different platforms and application.

I am looking for other developers and beta testers.

Currently there are listeners for:
    ITunes - Windows

Working on:
    WinAMP (90%)

Would like to implement for the following
    SongBird
    ITunes - Mac
    Windows Media Player
    Rhythmbox
    Amarok
    Others? Suggestions?
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 07/29/2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Changed list of listener apps
    VLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Amarok, Rhythmbox
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsOnFire View Post
    Amarok, Rhythmbox
    Are you saying you would like to see these controlled or you can help create the controller?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I would like to beta test it when your ready
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Are you saying you would like to see these controlled or you can help create the controller?
    I'm sorry, I would like to control these with the app. I don't quite have the abilities to create the controller.

Should have been more clear in my original post
    Another one for Amarok
    Also, Winamp.
    i would really like to see an app that would enable to pre to be used as a remote for windows media center.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I'm 99% certain that you can set up WinAmp to respond to the same control commands as Windows Media Player, so you could potentially kill two birds with one stone there. However, it seems like WinAmp will preemptively steal those commands if it's running-- my multimedia keyboard will control WinAmp, but all commands seem to go to Winamp instead of the program that currently has focus.