Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    There was a handy app available in the PalmOS that would simulate an incoming call. Great for ending a long winded, in-person conversation.

Here is how the app worked:

Simply sliding the speaker mute button on, then back to off would trigger the event. User could select how long of delay before the phone would ring. When the phone rang, the screen simulated an incoming call that could then be "answered". User could also select the name and number of the fake caller.

Don't know if this is possible with the WebOS, but I sure miss this app and the conveniently polite way it provided for ending a conversation that was just going on too long. Thanks!
    Yes. This is a great program. I too had this on my Treo and miss it. I hope someone can put this one together. It's a very sneaky way to save yourself when you want a timely interruption.
    Ah, just be a man and tell them you'd love to chat but you have to get going.

J/K. Neat idea for an application. I'd get it and might even use it on occasion.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    that would be great!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Ah, just be a man and tell them you'd love to chat but you have to get going.
    Hahaha. I know. I feel like a wimp.
    Another feature could be a calendar event that would trigger the phone to ring at a certain time.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    very dandy app indeeeeed
    girls ramble forever
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    lol good idea
    haha thats great...Or you can just pretend your phone is on vibrate and hum your lips ahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    I sure miss this app and the conveniently polite way it provided for ending a conversation that was just going on too long.
    It's sort of sad that we've come to the point that cutting someone off in a conversation and saying a hurried goodbye to answer a phone call is considered by so many to be 'polite".
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeSerpent View Post
    It's sort of sad that we've come to the point that cutting someone off in a conversation and saying a hurried goodbye to answer a phone call is considered by so many to be 'polite".
    It may be sad, but it's generally accepted that when someone is standing in the doorway of your office shooting the bull and your phone rings, that they understand that you need to get back to work. I guess it would depend on where and when you use the app.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    It was a fun program to play with. Santa used to call me frequently to check up on the kids. I would like to have it back too. Has anyone tried it with Classic?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Would still love to see someone create this app.
    I am no programmer by any means but I'll give this a try and see if I can't get some simple put together. Then if some wants they can tweek it to their needs
    I tried looking into this a while ago - the emulator supports this via the luna-send command, but the actual device doesn't have the service available to do it. So, it seems you'd have to find out which service in the emulator allows for it, and try and get that on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    I am no programmer by any means but I'll give this a try and see if I can't get some simple put together. Then if some wants they can tweek it to their needs
    Thanks Converse420. That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So, it seems you'd have to find out which service in the emulator allows for it, and try and get that on the Pre.
    I wish I could help with an answer. Hopefully someone knows and can lend a hand.
    Yeah I've been thinking about this for the past week. I agree - I would love to have this app once again.
    Put me down as still interested in having this app created. Miss it and would gladly pay to have it again.
    Try this.

It's very much an alpha version, and essentially relies nearly entirely on Palm's code.

To use:

Lauch the application, hold down the # key. This will make your phone ring and prompt you with an answer/reject window.

You can also hold down different keys to pop up various scenarios. Have fun figuring out which do what. (Note: quite a few of them don't seem to work.)

To install:

Normal .IPK installation methods. After downloading the file, delete the .ZIP part of the extension so it's recognized as an .IPK. (Can't upload IPK's at the moment.)

Known issues:

• After answering the call, you must hit your white center button to clear the notification.
    • The hang up button doesn't work to cancel and clear the notification.
    • Plenty more bugs I'm sure will crop up.

Please be careful with this. This actually is the code to make calls and such, and I haven't gone through it all to make sure it won't harm anything. So don't think you're funny and dial 911....it might actually call them!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks Ebag333. I downloaded the file, removed the zip extension from the file name and then uploaded the ipk file to my web server so I could install via URL method with FileCoaster. The file seems to download according to the progress bar, but then just hangs saying "Downloading". I waited about 5 minutes then closed FileCoaster and checked my Pre's desktop - no app.

The URL to the file is http://www.508forsale.com/downloads/..._1.0.0_all.ipk Right click the link and copy shortcut to use the URL install method.

Thanks again for the effort on this. I believe I did everything right on my end to install the app, but I could have made a bonehead mistake somewhere.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast