1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've rooted the phone after hours and hours of working on it
    Problem is im trying to try some of the features out through rooting but cannot for the life of me copy code and paste it to novaterm.

In Novaterm there is a right click paste option, but it wont paste anything when i try using that button.

Am i doing something wrong? Please advise! Thanks
  2.    #2  
    fyi im on windows 7 RC 32bit.. if that helps any at all!
    same for me I use Vista Ultimate 32bit. I think you just cant paste with that program, i switched to putty
  4.    #4  
    This may sound dumb but how do I go to the root@castle screen on putty?
    I followed the instructions for windows but it doesn't show how to get to putty or what settings to use for win 7 32 bit. Thank you!

Please advise!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    It wont copy or paste for me either and i am running WinXP.

Putty works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    This may sound dumb but how do I go to the root@castle screen on putty?
    I followed the instructions for windows but it doesn't show how to get to putty or what settings to use for win 7 32 bit. Thank you!

Please advise!
    I am as new as it gets, but I did it last night by following the Enable Root Access directions on webos-internals.org
    novaterm is an alpha release and yes, paste is broken. The ctrl-v character is passed through to the pre rather than pasting. Oooops.

Sorry about that. You'll have to use putty for now.

Rick
    novaterm is an alpha release and yes, paste is broken. The ctrl-v character is passed through to the pre rather than pasting. Oooops.

Sorry about that. You'll have to use putty for now.

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    It wont copy or paste for me either and i am running WinXP.

Putty works fine for me.
    I have another n00b question. I can get putty to connect to my emulator fine (localhost, port 5522), but how do I get it to connect to my Pre over USB? Is there a different port # I should connect through?
    Hey bgc
    Im on xp also and for the life of me i dont understand how to make putty work for me, could anybody walk me thru it?? Ive downloaded so much Im lost. well thanks for reading this and really, any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Premie65; 07/31/2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderroll View Post
    I have another n00b question. I can get putty to connect to my emulator fine (localhost, port 5522), but how do I get it to connect to my Pre over USB? Is there a different port # I should connect through?
    in order to connect into putty ur suppose to have the novaproxy file plus python 2.6.x installed as well