1.    #1  
    i have an app that is currently using a web view with the url parameter to pull an html file from Mojo.appPath+"books/"+this.bookList[this.bookListIndex].file and ends up looking like file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.me.app/books/file1.html

here is the code:
    Code:
    this.url= Mojo.appPath+"books/"+this.bookList[this.bookListIndex].file;
        try{
                this.controller.setupWidget("bookdata",
                    this.attributes = {
                        url: this.url,
                        minFontSize:8,
                        virtualpagewidth: 20,
                        virtualpageheight: 10
                        },
                    this.model = {
                        }
                );
         }catch(error){
            this.showDialogBox("error opening file", error)
        }
    it works but is slow, and the formatting is ugly, even though the file is only 20kb. so, instead of using the webView, i would like to just open the file, via ajax.request or some kind of open file command (like Doc Viewer, even though i can't figure out where it's DocAssistant is or how it works) and then inject that into the innerHTML of a div tag in the scene.

does anyone have an example of this or an alternative solution or some help as to why my webView loads a 20kb local file so slowly?
  2.    #2  
    << bump >>

looking for some help, please.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    does anyone have an example of this or an alternative solution or some help as to why my webView loads a 20kb local file so slowly?
    I'd need to have a copy of said 20kb file, since I can't duplicate the problem without it! Can you provide it?