1.    #1  
    No matter what i try, the novacom driver will not install. I try windows auto search, I try manually pointing windows to the driver, I download dpinst64 and run it in the driver folder. They all fail. Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem on vista 32? Anyone that can help?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I was having the same problems and finally stumbled on the solution... In addition to the 64-bit Novacom drivers you also need the 64-bit USBnet drivers. Unfortunately, Vista did not want to install the driver the usual way. So I had to go through

1) Control Panel-> Device Manager then select "Ethernet Gadget" that was flagged yellow (inoperable).

2) Right-click and selected "update driver"

2) Pointed the install to the usbnet-pre-64.inf driver that I had downloaded previously. (Google usbnet driver for vista 64).

3) several warning came up about unsigned drivers, etc. I overrode the warnings and installed it.

4) After that I was able to plug in the Pre via USB cable and run the MyTether app without any problems. I am actually posting this using the Pre's connection.

It's all good now :-) I stumbled into the answer by mistake when helping a friend get their new Pre working on XP.

-R