Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I saw this problem today for the second time, and then confirmed it again. With some of the homebrew apps I've installed, the info screen that comes up when you hold the orange button and hit the app has a problem.

Not only does it not have an uninstall option, probably due to the installation method, but there's no button to dismiss the dialog! Nothing I can do short of doing a reboot will make it go away. Not even a luna-send rescan on the applicationManager.

Everything continues to work, except that I can't use the launcher. It responds to searching in the background, like you can see in the 3rd pic here, but you can't interact with it otherwise.

Has anybody else seen something like this? Any ideas on what might be messed up?

Also, are the homebrew apps installed with fileCoaster or with ipkg-opt removable on the Pre for anybody else? (i.e., without using ipkg-opt on the command line)

Pics of what I see are attached.

EDIT: it's ALL apps, not just homebrew. I can't delete ones installed from the Catalog this way either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stubbs; 07/28/2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Yep I got this issue to and its for all apps. My other pre, no hackin yet, is fine so either a root patch is causing this or an app but highly doubt that part.

Thinking that the patch that adds/delets launcher pages maybe the culprit. Do you have that patch too?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I do have it, and you may be right. I forgot to remove all of my patches before installing 1.1, so that may be part of the problem. After installing 1.1, my extra page was still there, but I needed to reapply the patch.

I'm going to remove it now and see if that fixes it.
    Yeah same thing. My extra launcher page was there but options to add/remove vanished after the 1.1 so i just reapplied the patch. Eager to see if removing or remove/re-add works for ya
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    bad news. Removing that patch and rebooting took away my add/delete options, but didn't fix the problem.
    Did you still have the extra pages after removal of the patch?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    well, I've found the dialogs that don't work for us in the filesystem, but I'm not thinking the problem is there. Still, if you get a chance thetreoguys, could you plug your un-hacked pre in and copy the files to your computer, then do the same with the hacked one? You can run a diff on the command line to see if there are any differences, or just look at them. Or if you can attach the stock files here (zip them up or something), I'll look at them.

they're in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    Did you still have the extra pages after removal of the patch?
    yep, the extra page is still there.
    I have this problem too... with linux access and a few patches plus a few homebrews...

I have no idea what is causing it or the knowledge to fix it. So I'm subscribing to the thread in hopes of a fix... please post if found!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Don't worry, we're anxious for a fix too, and there'll be instructions as soon as anybody knows how. I'm just hoping to not need to wipe the phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Don't worry, we're anxious for a fix too, and there'll be instructions as soon as anybody knows how. I'm just hoping to not need to wipe the phone!
    It's a peculiar problem... I have none of the issues you described. All homebrew apps show up with delete/done option when doing orange + shortcut.
    Only one app that didn't have delete option was the mytether but that's because I installed it using ipkg. And even that one showed done option just fine.

I had more than 10 patches installed on my phone before upgrading to 1.1 and I did not remove any patches before the upgrade...

Keep us posted what you find...

Edit: The extra pages were still there but I couldn't add or delete more pages after 1.1. I re-applied the add/delete pages hack and still no issues..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hmm, that's strange, halmo20. I can't think of anything I did to the launcher besides the add page hack, and that caused you no problems. Maybe changing the carrier string? That was of course overwritten, but did you have that done before?
    Hmm, that's strange, halmo20. I can't think of anything I did to the launcher besides the add page hack, and that caused you no problems. Maybe changing the carrier string? That was of course overwritten, but did you have that done before?
    Can't remember when I did carrier string.. but that gets overwritten...
    I think here is what you can do.
    1) Identify which file page add/delete hack modifies.
    2) Identify any other hack that you did that also modify the same file.
    3) If there's another hack on the same file, remove that and just do the page hack and see what happens..
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    Can't remember when I did carrier string.. but that gets overwritten...
    I think here is what you can do.
    1) Identify which file page add/delete hack modifies.
    2) Identify any other hack that you did that also modify the same file.
    3) If there's another hack on the same file, remove that and just do the page hack and see what happens..
    So the page hack modifies launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$.
    Did you do any other hack that affects that file? That might be the difference between your and my pre...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've done that, and removed all my hacks to no avail. It's not coming back...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm not aware of any other hack that modifies that file, much less any I've done.
    I'm not aware of any other hack that modifies that file, much less any I've done.
    Have you tried installing new homebrew app with filecoaster? New apps does the same thing? Or is it just the apps that you've already had before 1.1 upgrade?

If you wanna try it, I can post my launcher file...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yep, I tried installing new apps with fileCoaster, and they have the same problem. I'm fairly certain that the problem doesn't lie with any of the homebrew apps, but with the launcher or maybe somewhere in the info dialog.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you would post your launcher file, that would be super helpful. I can run a diff on them and see if mine has anything corrupted.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    could you also post the dialog files from up in post #7? Thanks so much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast