Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Yep, I tried installing new apps with fileCoaster, and they have the same problem. I'm fairly certain that the problem doesn't lie with any of the homebrew apps, but with the launcher or maybe somewhere in the info dialog.
    I looked at the dialog folder and there were 4 html files with simple instructions that tells to list app name, vendor name, version infor and delete? question... They were

    app-version-hyperlink.html
    app-version.html
    app-info.html
    app-delete.html
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  2. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #22  
    Yeah, I don't think those 4 files have changed, since they're just simple descriptions of the pages you see. What I need to find is the logic that controls them...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Yeah, I don't think those 4 files have changed, since they're just simple descriptions of the pages you see. What I need to find is the logic that controls them...
    I found 2 instances of deleteApp string in launcher file.. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but you can see your file if it has them... See below (I used MS Word to count lines and search..)

    1) starting at line 441 (this is bak file without the hack)
    /* removes the page-item div element */
    deleteApp: function(launchPointId, animate) {

    var element = $(launchPointId);
    if (!element) {
    // app div doesn't exist!
    return;
    }

    var page = this.pageDivs.indexOf(element.up('.launcher_page'));
    if (page == -1) {
    // couldn't find page
    return;
    }
    var appContainer = this.getAppContainer(page);
    var position = appContainer.select('.app').indexOf(element);
    Mojo.assert(position != -1, "Couldn't find the app on it's page (%d)", page);

    // remove the div from the DOM
    element.remove();

    this.updatePageLayout(page, position, animate);

    // TODO: should be cleaning up pages automatically?
    },

    2) Starting at line 760
    /* handler called by the pages model when an application has been removed from the system */
    onAppRemoved: function(oldAppInfo, oldLocation) {
    this.deleteApp(oldAppInfo.launchPointId);
    // TODO: should we always remove empty pages?
    },

    onAppUpdated: function(newAppInfo) {
    this.updateApp(newAppInfo);
    },
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  4. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #24  
    can you attach a copy of that file? Zip if up if you need to.
  5. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    I found 2 instances of deleteApp string in launcher file.. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but you can see your file if it has them... See below (I used MS Word to count lines and search..)

    1) starting at line 441 (this is bak file without the hack)
    /* removes the page-item div element */
    deleteApp: function(launchPointId, animate) {

    var element = $(launchPointId);
    if (!element) {
    // app div doesn't exist!
    return;
    }

    var page = this.pageDivs.indexOf(element.up('.launcher_page'));
    if (page == -1) {
    // couldn't find page
    return;
    }
    var appContainer = this.getAppContainer(page);
    var position = appContainer.select('.app').indexOf(element);
    Mojo.assert(position != -1, "Couldn't find the app on it's page (%d)", page);

    // remove the div from the DOM
    element.remove();

    this.updatePageLayout(page, position, animate);

    // TODO: should be cleaning up pages automatically?
    },

    2) Starting at line 760
    /* handler called by the pages model when an application has been removed from the system */
    onAppRemoved: function(oldAppInfo, oldLocation) {
    this.deleteApp(oldAppInfo.launchPointId);
    // TODO: should we always remove empty pages?
    },

    onAppUpdated: function(newAppInfo) {
    this.updateApp(newAppInfo);
    },
    Well, mine looks just like that. I'm a a loss. Thanks a lot for all your help, though!
  6. #26  
    I not going to be able to root into my pre till this weekend but Im more poised to run the WebOS doctor to fix this than find the bloody line of code or file that is fubar. Willing the bet the fubar occured from doing the 1.1 update with patches still in play
  7. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    I not going to be able to root into my pre till this weekend but Im more poised to run the WebOS doctor to fix this than find the bloody line of code or file that is fubar. Willing the bet the fubar occured from doing the 1.1 update with patches still in play
    yeah, i'm about in the same boat. I've exhausted my troubleshooting ideas, so I'll just wipe it and start over whenever I get really bored.
  8. #28  
    I have this same issue.

    I have rooted into my Pre, installed all of d2g's mods (not using the single app script, but added each one manually.) (Including the add\delete pages from launcher)

    I have made the messaging mod on webosinternals that adds the character counter.

    I have installed filecoaster, and the latest (donater version) of MyTether.

    This happens on both apps that I have installed via filecoaster and others.

    From the Launcher if I select the List Apps and I can delete via this list. It looks like the same screen slides up from the bottom to give you the option to delete, but when doing it directly from the Launcher it gives the error.

    I wonder if this has something to do with the add\delete pages from the Launcher? This is the only mod I have done to the launcher itself and this is the only place that deleting an app has the error.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    I have this same issue.

    I have rooted into my Pre, installed all of d2g's mods (not using the single app script, but added each one manually.) (Including the add\delete pages from launcher)

    I have made the messaging mod on webosinternals that adds the character counter.

    I have installed filecoaster, and the latest (donater version) of MyTether.

    This happens on both apps that I have installed via filecoaster and others.

    From the Launcher if I select the List Apps and I can delete via this list. It looks like the same screen slides up from the bottom to give you the option to delete, but when doing it directly from the Launcher it gives the error.

    I wonder if this has something to do with the add\delete pages from the Launcher? This is the only mod I have done to the launcher itself and this is the only place that deleting an app has the error.
    Im pretty confident it is and could get into the IRC chat at webosinternals.org to ask some there about this patch.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    Im pretty confident it is and could get into the IRC chat at webosinternals.org to ask some there about this patch.
    Yes, but I still don't understand why it's not happening to everyone who had this hack.. I'm sure there were plenty of people who had this hack before upgrading to 1.1, including myself..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    Im pretty confident it is and could get into the IRC chat at webosinternals.org to ask some there about this patch.
    thetreoguys,
    Did you ever find what was causing this? I have seen this issue on every pre that I have applied the add\delete launcher pages to. I have made that mod to five other pre's. Three of the other five did not have the mods prior to the 1.1 update.
  12. #32  
    I had the same problem...I think what caused it for me was that I did Add/Delete launcher pages script mod before I upgraded the phone to 1.1.

    I know its a minor bug, but I hated it so I wiped my phone clean and started over. I applied the scripted mods after I was sure that the phone was 1.1. After each mod I tested the orange button info bug, and it worked fine. So I spent like 4 or more hours last night remodding my phone and adding all my apps...but the problem is gone.

    The only thing I did weird, which I think caused the problem was that I did the Add/Delete Pages mod before my phone was upgraded to 1.1 (I just got a refurbished phone because my old phone had a headset problem)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions