Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've searched for this and haven't found anything about it. Is it possible to create a file browser?

If not that is it possible to get an attachments browser/mover? Attachments are saved in: /var/luna/data/attachments

Thanks!
    I'm working on an attempt at a file manager. Very early stages, and most of my attention currently is going towards WebOS Quick Install, but keep an eye out for an app called Internalz in the near future.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm working on an attempt at a file manager. Very early stages, and most of my attention currently is going towards WebOS Quick Install, but keep an eye out for an app called Internalz in the near future.
    Thanks! I saw in the other thread that the SDK doesn't support file manager functions. Will this be for rooted Pre's only or did you find undocumented support for it?

Thanks! I hope you'll have a "donate" button.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Def would be a great app to have!
    cool
    can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Thanks! I saw in the other thread that the SDK doesn't support file manager functions. Will this be for rooted Pre's only or did you find undocumented support for it?

Thanks! I hope you'll have a "donate" button.
    Like I said, early in development, but will likely be for "rooted" Pres. Note: I WILL be making a guide on how to install those kinds of apps via WebOS Quick Install in the near future (so you wouldn't need to root your Pre )
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ia am in waiting line for this app!
    Wow this is one of the top of my list of wishlist apps

Will b waiting for this one
    Yay Jason! File browser=needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Shout out to "Filez"? Good stuff Jason.
    If all you need is basic file movement you can already do it with the terninal app
    Until memory leaks crash your OS. Terminal is awesome, but still very raw.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    This would be especially handy now that we can do direct downloads to the Pre using Filecoaster.. I want to be able to download and then move files around.. delete, etc.. File Manager would be sooooooooo helpful!!! Where do I donate?!
    teaser:

Still a while away, but having the base finished is a nice step forward
    Also keep in mind, I've spreading my time between this and WebOS Quick Install, so please be patient (I know how ravenous PreCentral forums can get )

Oh, and yep, Darth Pooh, it's name is nod to Filez (I LOVED that app on my TX).
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/11/2009 at 09:25 AM.
    teaser:

Also keep in mind, I've spreading my time between this and WebOS Quick Install, so please be patient (I know how ravenous PreCentral forums can get )

Niiiiiiice.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    can't wait for this app ...
    I assume this will get us over the memory shortage issue for apps?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    teaser:
    [img]

Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    File explorer apps would be something we all would pay, especially those that came from WinMo device
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Niiice, sick work Jason. That screen shot just got me hyped. One of the programs I've definitely missed from my 755p was Filez.

Oh, and a quick question. Do you think it would be possible to have Internalz create a Symlink for apps you move to internal memory? (ex: /media/internal/apps/)
    Last edited by steveapos; 08/12/2009 at 01:12 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast