Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Awesomez
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    Oh, and a quick question. Do you think it would be possible to have Internalz create a Symlink for apps you move to internal memory? (ex: /media/internal/apps/)
    I hadn't been thinking about that, as I'm pretty sure symlinking would cause issues and break the uninstall process for apps.
    Just wondering if you need help beta testing this? I'd be glad to try it out
    jus wondering are u gonna have this app only to move/rename files or can u have them to open up to when u click on them because that would be something to look forward to in future...looking really great by the way

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Now that I got WebOS Quick Install 2.0 finished, I'm coming back to Internalz development. Would you guys want me posting each beta, with a lot of features unimplemented yet and progressively adding features each beta or would you guys rather wait for a release with full functionality?
    most people would prefer each beta seeing as it gets impatient for very great apps
    -i myself would prefer each beta too!

what would the 1st beta have? wow im already getting impatient for this lol

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Hey Jason sorry it took me forever to respond back. I could see where the uninstall process could be broken if you were to delete from the launcher menu, but what about making Internalz have the option to delete apps that way it could launch a second command to delete the SymLink and the application? (lol just looking for a nice solution to running out of app space without having to manually create all those SymLinks.)
    I would love to test each beta as it came out, instead of having to wait for the final release =]. Thanks for all your work Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    most people would prefer each beta seeing as it gets impatient for very great apps
    -i myself would prefer each beta too!

what would the 1st beta have? wow im already getting impatient for this lol
    Well, first beta would probably just be the ability to view folders and files on the device, with file delete support. Copy/move/info/etc. would be future beta versions. Would that be enough for you guys for a first public beta?

Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    Hey Jason sorry it took me forever to respond back. I could see where the uninstall process could be broken if you were to delete from the launcher menu, but what about making Internalz have the option to delete apps that way it could launch a second command to delete the SymLink and the application? (lol just looking for a nice solution to running out of app space without having to manually create all those SymLinks.)
    I heard one dev is working on an on-device ipk installer that would support postinst and prerm scripts. I could relay the request to them and their app. Adding symlink functionality would be better suited there as they'd only need to update the prerm script for uninstall to function.
    yes that would be fine its enough for now

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    teaser:

Still a while away, but having the base finished is a nice step forward
    Also keep in mind, I've spreading my time between this and WebOS Quick Install, so please be patient (I know how ravenous PreCentral forums can get )

Oh, and yep, Darth Pooh, it's name is nod to Filez (I LOVED that app on my TX).
    Pre tease...
    Oh, but I want this too, Jason! {ProfJonathan}
    Jason,
    Honestly all I want is file browsing and delete of individual files. So that would definitely be a good enough beta for me! I'll send you a donation if I can get it soon ;-) (seriously)
    Anyway in the future it would be great if it could launch an mp3 file into the music player.
    (send me a link to your donation page or paypal)
    Just an fyi, current betas will have the restriction of not being able to write to/delete anything not in /var or /media/internal/, for safety reasons (don't want someone inexperienced deleting system files. I may change that rule if people want full device write-access though.

Oh, and it will require WebOS Quick Install (or alternatively linux access) to install it.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I would love full device write-access, this is awesome thanks man.
    What about, by default having the restrictions in /var & /media/internal & then having an advanced settings menu to turn it off? I'm personally just thinking, i don't know why i would really ever have to delete anything in there, but in the off chance that i want to move the file elsewhere, there's still the option to do it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    What about, by default having the restrictions in /var & /media/internal & then having an advanced settings menu to turn it off? I'm personally just thinking, i don't know why i would really ever have to delete anything in there, but in the off chance that i want to move the file elsewhere, there's still the option to do it later.
    That could work
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That could work
    Hey great job my man if you looking for help with development i would be more than happy to help you out!
    This app looks exceptional. Does it (or will it) have file management (copy, move, rename) options as well as browse and delete? I would love to help beta test.
    All I want to do is be able to delete mp3 files that I have copied over from my pc via the usb cable. You see I like to dump a bunch of new songs onto the Pre, then listen through them and delete the ones I don't like. I forsee listening to all of them in the music player and then flipping over to your Internalz and deleting individual mp3 files. Thanks.
    And i'll totally give you a donation now to help things along.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast