1.    #1  
    I'm trying to create a mobile version of a web page for the pre that uses the current GPS location. I know how to do this for the iPhone, blackberry, android phones, and nokia phones in the page's JSJSJS $but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $this$ $on$ $the$ $Pre$. $Does$ $anyone$ $know$?

To clarify, this is not for an app, but a web page viewed throug the Pre's web browser.
    Did you ever get any help with this?

I have the same issue, can do this for all the other phones you mentioned but not the WebOS phones.....maybe it is not possible at this point?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    webOS doesn't currently support this but hopefully it will in the future. It's been discussed over on the Palm dev forums.
    Thanks.
    Not sure exactly what you want to do, but it is very easy to get GPS coordinates or zip code or whatever. Can you pass something like that through the URL to get the page?
    On one hand I'm surprised they didn't enable this in the browser, since it is so easy to do in an app, but how does the user control it? You aren't going to want every website you visit to have access to your GPS location.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    on the iphone, the browser prompts you about sharing your location similar to how firefox does it on your desktop machine. It's not done without your consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    on the iphone, the browser prompts you about sharing your location similar to how firefox does it on your desktop machine. It's not done without your consent.
    I have never seen this. Can you point me to a site just so I can check it out? Thanks.