Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This game was the most fun on the Palm Pilot i recall!

If someone can make this for the Pre with colors and all it would be extra sweet.

Not much graphics for this game so it could probably take one of you homebrewers like 30 mins to make
    Last edited by biggamer3; 07/27/2009 at 01:20 PM.
    like 30mins to make?
    Seriously I think you are under estimating what it takes to make a app for the phone. With that being said I'd love a Drug wars or Space Trader Port to the Pre....anyone considering it?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Great game!!!
  4.    #4  
    yeah kidding about the 30 Mins thing but this shouldnt take half as long as all the other apps out there and many many people loved this game
    Wouldn't take long if someone has the backend algorithm somewhere. I have no idea where that would be though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Wouldn't take long if someone has the backend algorithm somewhere. I have no idea where that would be though.
    I'm not sure, but I think that the "algorithm" was Math.Random()
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that the "algorithm" was Math.Random()
    haha

I vaguely remember dope wars. Anywhere to play it online to refresh the memory cells?
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    good link, now lets get an App going!
    Hmm. I might have to take a break from my serious app for a while...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Hmm. I might have to take a break from my serious app for a while...
    yeah man, please do this for us!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing the other night. Would be a perfect game for the pre. Could even put network support to play with other people.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I was thinking the same thing the other night. Would be a perfect game for the pre. Could even put network support to play with other people.
    Though we will have to update the drug names since the last version no. So many newer drugs these days, more money to be made in Dope Wars!!!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Palm Pre is a high class device, do you have to go with the middle class stay at home mom drugs: Vicadin, Adderal, and apparently Meth (if you live in Utah).
    Ok guys. Make me a list of locations we want and drugs we want. (Should we keep it NY on locations?)

Also would need normal prices for drugs: low-high normal. lowest with flooded situation. Highest with bust situation.

I'm not to up on the drug scene.

I'll submit a request for Developer access to Homebrew. Guess I'll actually do this...

BTW - OP, I've spent 30 minutes just figuring out the data structures and scene layouts I want to use.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 07/28/2009 at 01:30 PM.
    FYI the old PalmOS version works fine under Classic.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    FYI the old PalmOS version works fine under Classic.
    Yep, but not worth $30 for me to play it.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Locations:
    Detroit
    New York
    Chicago
    L.A.
    Denver
    Miami
    Spanish Fork, UT

Drugs:
    Crack
    Crystal Meth
    Cocaine
    Marijuana
    Pain Killers
    Adderall
    LSD (Acid)
    MDMA (Ecstasy)
    Shrooms
    PCP

Someone still in high school will need to fill us in on current prices...

You should add in the option to cut your coke with draino and risk getting stabbed by angry druggies. (Ahhh brings me back).
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Don't forget the benzos like xanax valum and colonopin
    We can add/change locations and drugs once I get this going. Wanted to spend more time on it after I cut the lawn, but I didn't even get that done. Threw a belt, becaue a bolt came lose and janked up a bunch of stuff. I had to drop the deck and rebuild the enable mechanism. Ready to remount, once I get a new belt. Not quite as much fun as hacking on a game, mostly the crushing my finger part.

Working on getting the flow fell right using the WebOS widgets available. I'm basing rules at first on the Palm OS version I played. We can get more intricate once it is running.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast