Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Im anxiously waiting this one Ive played this for years!!!
    Found a work around for the dialog issues. Posted in the Palm developer forum, trying to figure out why it is happening in the first place. Seems to be a limit with some cleanup done with the dialog that takes just over 1/2 a second.

With this workaround, multiple events are now possible in the same turn (Police, Find Drugs, Buy Pockets, Buy Guns, etc.) (I was limiting to one per turn to keep it from locking up.)

Need to debug the Police chase and make the Bank and Loan Shark functionality. After those are complete, I think it will be ready enough for wide beta.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    thats really cool man, i love dope wars; it is well over due for its pre version
    Alpha testers, 0.3.0 is in your inbox.

Version 0.3.0
    New Features
    - Multiple Dialog events possible on one turn
    - Added more gun classes.
    - Added Police Encounters

Bug Fixes
    - $NaN bug with Crystal Meth Flood condition
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/03/2009 at 10:26 PM.
  5.    #65  
    Sacher thanks again for your hard work!

I didn't dream such a fine looking game would come about so quickly when I started this thread.

Please leave a paypal link when you go public with it.

As a bonus would be cool if the game had police sirens when getting busted!
    Sorry if this was answered already but what's the ETA on the beta?
    It got pushed back a day or two, because my basement flooded with the crazy rain and flooding we had today in Indianapolis. While resting from dealing with that, I've gotten everything stable and did some nice UI tweaks tonight. Not going to have time to push out and alpha tonight (how did it get to be 1 AM?) However, should get one tomorrow.

The only thing left to do before beta is Loan Shark and Bank functionality. We will have a beta by the weekend or sooner, even if I can't get it as far as I want before then.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

The only thing left to do before beta is Loan Shark and Bank functionality. We will have a beta by the weekend or sooner, even if I can't get it as far as I want before then.

Great to hear! This is definitely a game I have been waiting on.
    I spent some time getting things stable and submitted to the App Gallery. So whenever it is approved, it will be available on the site. I'll be coding hard during the Pre Dev Camp and hope to get all of the important game play functionality done this weekend. Then implement the saving and high score. We will see how that goes, with what they say about best laid plans an all.

I'll post again when I notice it available, unless someone beats me to it.

I decided to create a thread that isn't and "App Request" in Homebrew Apps. Here is the link: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1807021
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/05/2009 at 06:41 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234