Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I can not get the file WebOSDoctor recovery rom . Bad link error
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I can not get the file WebOSDoctor recovery rom . Bad link error
    See earlier post #147. Does that help?
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! Homebrew here I come, but sir, you just provided the missing link. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deafinoneear View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! Homebrew here I come, but sir, you just provided the missing link. Thank you!
    ma'am, if you please

And you're very welcome. Have fun.
    could you help me..I am having the Same problem "NO DEVICE FOUND"
    mine did the same... any way to fix?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll PM you about this to keep this thread clean of WebOS Quick Install issues

EDIT:
    FYI, apparrently this method of Novacom installtion worked for a friend who couldn't get novacom installed on his 32bit vista computer
    it worked for me to install novacom also on 32 bit vista. but no luck starting webos qi....never starts on my new acer netbook....
    Thank you for this one. Somehow my dev was reset to off, and had to go in and turn it back on. This was helpful as was everyone elses. thanks again.
    easy as pie
    i just installed the webOS and it didnt discover my device. so what do i do, i am new at this by the way.
    I am having trouble...with this I just installed windows 7 ultimate and when I download
    webos doctor or quickinstall this CMD window opens and then shuts real quick.
    bryanjfaber@gmail.com
    I dont get whats the problem, I did the novacom thing above and I dont know whats wrong I have java and everything I had this working and preware on my fone before but I did a hard reset and now cant get my fone back....the pre is OKAY without preware and quickinstall but its 100times better with it,
    Finally got it to work on my Win7 updated PC. FYI the Orca file was missing for a while but reappeared. Also, I could not get Orca to edit the MSI file without first extracting the file in question to my desktop into a new folder and only then could I edit the file and subsequently launch and install it from the Desktop. Just a minor omission, but WebOS installer now functions on my Win7 rig like it did on XP
    ive tried all the methods in here and cant get my pre to work with windows 7....

nothing happens at all when i plug in my pre......nothing on the computer or the phone....

when i try it with my desktop pc it recognizes it but my desktop pc is on its last leg and i dont even have anything on there rarely use it....

anyways this sucks....cant believe nothing shows up on either end at all.

any ideas?
    i'm using a mac. how to i download Novacom? nothing happens when i click options on the webos quick install
    I updated to windows 7 ultimate and got the device not found error, even though I installed the quickinstall. I noticed that Novacom didn't have any drivers installed in the device manager.. so I unzipped the webdoctor file on my C drive which made a folder called resources. I updated the drivers from the device manager and pointed it to the resources file where the novacominstallxx64 or whatever msi file was. Afterwards it worked fine. I didn't modify the file in any way.

Either that or I just double clicked the file novacominstaller_64.msi and it installed the novacom drivers automatically... I can't remember which method I used. When I first connected the Pre to the laptop I connected it as a USB drive. Second time, I set it to 'just charging' when using webosquickinstall
    Hey guy,
    I have windows seven and have tried installing webos, and it keeps saying ERROR: NO DEVICE FOUND. I tried troubleshooting by d/l orca and 7 zip. No dice. Can you help?
    please and thank you,
    Ismael
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have done the Webinstall process numerous times but since 1.3.1 I can't get it to put anything on the phone. I've re-downloaded Novacominstaller, edited it with Orca, added, removed it and reinstalled it on the computer running Windows XP pro that used to run it fine. I've created another user to just have a clean startup and only trying to run what i had to. Downloaded everything I could get new and nothing. Filecoaster seems to run in an internal loop on the phone itself. The phone never came off of the developer mode. Was still on when I typed in updownupdown etc. also if that gives anyone a clue. Reset phone also. Nothing.

Any ideas??

Thanks... G..
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    what worked for me, is to go back into dev mode on pre "upupdown etc" turn off dev mode then after reset turn it back on. once I did that the new hard ware box did not return. then I went into device manager on pc right clicked palm novacom driver and updated driver, by searching in palm\palm,inc\novacom. it found driver than I was up and running. this is on vista 64bit
    This worked for me on XP Pro. Many Thanks!
    Question:

Is "installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34" the same as
    "installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34"?

I can only see the first in my Novacom file "NovacomInstaller_x86.msi"

Thanks,

D

(PS. Sorry if someone has already asked this - I didn't make it through all the reply pages)
    Deebs, I'm pretty sure it is.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast