Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    im having no luck i just got my pre 3days ago and i need help Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...
    I'm not certain when the new version of WebOSDoctor was released (the direct link to the jar is now 404) but simply running it installs the novacom drivers. No need for too many hoops now. Just did this on my fresh Win7 Pro x64 install and it worked like a charm.
    can somebody help me please i downloaded quick install and the doc nova which is started and i get no device detected please
    Install installed the nova program following the instructions, however I am still getting the error "cant find the device"
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...

Thanks!
    Me too! Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I get the ERROR: No Device Found as well.

On Win7 x64, I have edited the NovaCom.msi file with Orca, but when I clicked to install the file, it hangs at ~50% (from status bar). I go into Device manager and the NovaCom Linux properties say "No drivers installed for this device." When I click on update drivers, it says no drivers found. I read through all the pages on this thread...any suggestions?

I came back this evening and re-read the thread again. I tried darmood's suggestion about updating the Novacom driver by performing a manual search in the Program Folders/Palm, Inc/NovaCom. And it worked!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jawo; 09/20/2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Fixed problem by reading thread again.
    i'm still gettin a no device found error..im using windows xp..could that be the cause??
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tone718 View Post
    i'm still gettin a no device found error..im using windows xp..could that be the cause??
    I would suggest you look at darmood's suggestion at the bottom of the first page as it fixed my problems (would post link, but just joined forum).
    I did everything and it still cant find my device. Can somebody help me?
    and how do you get to the dev mode to do the "updownup" thing?
    I cured my headache
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    oh man. I was having a massive headache over this issue for a while. I had issues on ubuntu and windows 7 until I saw the issue with the novacom driver when windows was installing the drivers. Then I stumbled upon this thread. Thank you so much!

On an unrelated note, I figured out my ubuntu issue as well... epic fail
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    [RANT=OK, this is getting old!]

Vista 32bit

I've read and reread all 112 posts in this thread a dozen times.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the novacom drivers a half a dozen times with the edited MSI and with the original one. I've uninstalled it with the add/remove programs and from the device manager and reinstalled it from both MSIs and just by letting it install itself using whichever driver happens to be resident at the time, I've uninstalled the Pre drivers from the device manager and let them reinstall themselves, I've rebooted more times than I have since building this box.

The device manager says all the drivers are all working properly and are up to date, I even uninstalled the USB Mass Storage Device driver.

Novacom and the Pre just aren't on speaking terms.

Nothing works, AAARRRGGGHH!!!

Frankly, I suspect that the problem is on the Pre side, but I have no real way to tell short of sending in the Doctor, and I'm not ready to do that yet. Maybe the WebOS 1.2 update will fix it. I hope so.

Meanwhile I've been using PreLoad to install homebrews, but it was hiccuping today on one app. I think that was a repository problem, that app is working now.

[/RANT]

Whew! I'm glad I got that off my chest. Can anyone PLEASE suggest another avenue to explore? I'm quite frankly out of ideas.
  14. Vyb
    I am also getting the No Device Found error. What can I do?
    You can check the configuration of your Novacom service by bringing up a command prompt (press the Windows key then press r on your keyboard and type cmd and click OK or Click Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt) then issue the following command in that window:

sc qc novacomd

==========Result should be something like:==========

C:\>sc qc novacomd
    [SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe
    LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Palm Novacom
    DEPENDENCIES :
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

C:\>
    ==========end of configuration result==========

Next, check to see if the Novacom service is running:

sc query novacomd

==========Result should be something like:==========
    C:\>sc query novacomd

STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

C:\>
    ==========End of service running check=========

If you do not get STATE RUNNING - check the EXIT codes for other than zero. If they are NOT zero, the installation of Novacom needs to be removed via Add/Remove programs, the PC COLD rebooted (meaning shutdown to complete power off and then restart) and try the Novacom software installation again.

If the EXIT codes are zero and the STATE was STOPPED, you can start the service by entering the command:

sc start novacomd

and recheck the service using the previously stated commands.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I get:

C:\Users\*****>sc qc novacomd
    [SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Palm Novacom
    DEPENDENCIES :
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

C:\Users\*****>sc query novacomd

STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Looks OK to me, it's just not talking to the Pre!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Also, I forgot to mention; the PC gives me two bongs when I plug in the Pre, which tells me that is is loading two drivers. The Pre driver and the Novacom Driver?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I found it!!!!!!

Yay!!!

It was, of all things my USB port! I got it to work ONCE! after a cold boot of my PC, but when I plugged the Pre in I got a USB 1.1 error, and I should plug into a USB 2.0 port. Then it wouldn't work anymore!

Soooooo. I crawled under the desk with a flashlight and plugged into one of the port on the back. Wallah!!!! Works just fine now!

Pickey with USB, these Pres. Everything else I have works fin on the front ports.

At my age, I can't be crawling under my desk every time I want to tweak my Pre. I'll have to figger out an alternate method.

Thanks, MortiseMaker and everyone else who put up with my rants.

<------------ edit -------------->

Well *****!!!!

I got up this morning, and though I'd pimp my Pre a little, went to DevMode, and plugged in to the same cable (having not crawled under the desk to unplug it), and plugged in the Pre. I got ONE BONG!!!! indicating the Pre driver loaded, but not the Novacom one.

Tried WebOS Quick Install, It said "Plug in your Pre"

I ran MSCONFIG and got rid of a lot of junk from the startup and rebooted (cold) everything. I removed Novacom with Add/Remove Programs, and re-installed the Novacom edited MSI. Cold booted the PC again, and plugged the Pre in.

Yup! One Bong! Tried WebOS Quick Install, It said "Plug in your Pre"

Crawled under the desk and plugged the Pre into every free USP port I have, NO JOY!

Once again I'm at a loss.

As I said "Well *****!!!!"
    Last edited by wodin; 09/27/2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: It's BAAAACKK!!!!!
    I'm having the same problem. Everything installed but it still says no device found.
    it said access denied when i typed sc start novacomd...exit codes are zero and it says stopped
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast