Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...

Thanks!
    i used to have the problem before but maybe you are downloading the wrong novacom i was x86 when i had to use the x64. i hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    what worked for me, ... then I went into device manager on pc right clicked palm novacom driver and updated driver, by searching in palm\palm,inc\novacom. it found driver than I was up and running. this is on vista 64bit

This is what finally worked for me. I'm using Windows XP and had followed all the directions but was still getting the ERROR: Device not found message. It wasn't until I updated my driver did things start to run smoothly.

I should have known something was odd; when i first plugged my pre in via USB i got a message from my PC about not recognizing the device. BIG UPS TO ALL OF YOU DOING THE HARDWORK and big thanks to you specifically.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Seriously? Palm STILL has not fixed this? I sure as hell don't want to have to edit anything to install this stuff. I should be able to download and install the SDK without having to jump through hoops. Looks like I'll have to continue with my Vista 32 laptop instead of my nice and fast Win 7 destkop. Good lord
    i cant figure how to extract the novacom file from webos dotor becase when i right click on the file it doesnt give me the option to edit with orca it just says edit and that doesnt work
    I had all kinds of problems getting this to work with the instructions above they are good and right in most cases (thank you) but for me i had to do this to get it to work.

Installing USBNet Drivers on Windows:
    If you're using USB tethering, you will need to install the usb network drivers on your machine. Instructions are here: pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

These USBNet Drivers instructions are very good: http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I had all kinds of problems getting this to work with the instructions above they are good and right in most cases (thank you) but for me i had to do this to get it to work.
    As far as I know, USBNet setup and novacom are 2 completely separate beasts, and USBNet setup shouldn't get WebOS Quick Install running (novacom is required for the connection to be made)
    Windows 7 32 bit
    I have gone thru your how-to and troubleshooting guide.

I can get windows novacom to show up in my device manager, and it shows that it has installed correctly

When i go into: Run>Services.msc i get no Palm Novacom to show up. I've re installed the nova86 file after i've editied it. and restarted my computer.

After all of this im still getting error, no device found.

Any ideas?
    I have been trying to get this to work and I get running into all these problems and the downloads dont work for me..and I running Vista and this is a real pain in the ****..I have spent 3 days trying to get this to work and I really frustrated and bout to give up

Can anyone really help me with this please
    I had this pre working with webosquickisnstall and was able to install file coaster with no problem. I had to reset it and change profiles to another user and now matter what I do I can not get the webquickinstall working again. I tried numerous PCs (2000, xp, vista, win7) all with the same message, unable to connect.
    Novacom service is running.

Please help
    Thanks
    I did everything that has been suggested, including the orca edit..What worked for me was going in to my computers program files, finding the palm file and within that, i opened the dpinstall-rebooted computer , it finally worked!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I accidentally deleted filecoaster on my pre, and since I've built a new system on windows 7, and I must say this has been a

COMPLETE ****ING NIGHTMARE

trying to get it back on my pre, I can't fathom why someone would post up some a ridiculously complicated process and not THE EDITED FILE. Can someone please just post up the edited file so everyone on precentral doesn't have to install a ****load of applications and spend 20 minutes editing various files? Does that not make sense to everyone person on here?

The entire problem originates from WebOSQuickinstall.JAR, looks like sprint caught on to his program hot linking their app and have either changed, or blocked the app's port, because it can no longer auto-download the file itself, which screws everything up.

Oh, and did I mention, sprint does not allow you to download the 200 meg palm webos recovery, they only allow you to download the java auto-downloader, which caches and deletes the 200 meg file (which this how-to tells you to edit) before you can copy it. So essentially, as of... now... this entire process is rendered useless... so basically what I'm asking is who the hell can host this edited file.
    Last edited by Pyrex; 09/09/2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrex View Post
    I accidentally deleted filecoaster on my pre, and since I've built a new system on windows 7, and I must say this has been a

COMPLETE ****ING NIGHTMARE

trying to get it back on my pre, I can't fathom why someone would post up some a ridiculously complicated process and not THE EDITED FILE. Can someone please just post up the edited file so everyone on precentral doesn't have to install a ****load of applications and spend 20 minutes editing various files? Does that not make sense to everyone person on here?

The entire problem originates from WebOSQuickinstall.JAR, looks like sprint caught on to his program hot linking their app and have either changed, or blocked the app's port, because it can no longer auto-download the file itself, which screws everything up.
    We can not post the edited file. It would be a complete massive copyright violation, get us a takedown order from Palm, and prevent any cool first look things for Precentral like they got for the Pixi.

So, no.

But it's simple enough, download the webos doctor file directly from palm and then put it in the same directory as quickinstall and everything's fine.

Jason will update the path "soon."

Breath easy.
    Had problems with win7 (beta) and an updated XP computer for hours. Went to an old out of date crap box with xp and everything worked perfectly on the first try.

So IT WORKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post

Installing USBNet Drivers on Windows:
    If you're using USB tethering, you will need to install the usb network drivers on your machine. Instructions are here: pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

These USBNet Drivers instructions are very good: http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next

Hey guys try what i did above this is what solved it for me i know this seems kinda off topic and so on but this is what i had to do to get it to work for me on x64 vista and win 7 x64 i was pulling my hair out on this I am not sure why but my system would not talk to my pre until this was done...
    i am having the same problem with no device found. what am i doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Running Vista 64 and was having problems with the novacom driver. After following these instructions, I was finally able to get the 64 bit driver installed but was still unable to connect to my Pre.

I then went into my device manager with the Pre connected and was still seeing a yellow warning icon next to a Novacom Linux entry. (I believe this is from connecting the Pre without the correct drivers installed.) I right clicked it and chose uninstall. After doing that, I disconnected the Pre, and reconnected it. I seen the "Your drivers have been installed correctly" msg and then I was able to use "novacom -l" to see my Pre.

Hope this helps others still having issues.
    Fixed this problem on Win7 x64 by selecting USB device when I plugged the Pre in. I was able to install File Coaster from there.
    i get the same message what should i do ?
    lost all my contacts when i try to follow step by step. still can't get filecoast program on pre. i'm going to sprint to download my contacts from old phone again.

i'm somewhat computer savy and this filecoast stuff is difficult even for me.
    Worked like a charm. Fixed my Pre / Win 7 probs. Thanks!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast