Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll PM you about this to keep this thread clean of WebOS Quick Install issues

EDIT:
    FYI, apparrently this method of Novacom installtion worked for a friend who couldn't get novacom installed on his 32bit vista computer
    I am having this same issue. what do you suggest
    When i try to download WebOs I get up to the part wher eyou have to connect the phone and it works when I turn it off but than it instantly turns on again and the downloading stops
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Running XP 32bit...novacom refuses to start. I've done the Orca thing, the python thing, and the cmd novacom -t open tty://. Constantly getting a no-go. When I go Administer->Services, and try to start the Palm Novacomd service, I get an error. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?
    I have installed everything and i'm getting an error that says no device found.. please Help
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll PM you about this to keep this thread clean of WebOS Quick Install issues

EDIT:
    FYI, apparrently this method of Novacom installtion worked for a friend who couldn't get novacom installed on his 32bit vista computer
    I am having the same issue. No Device Found (winXP and vista). Tried on 2 different PC's.
    I think my problem is my Pc Windows 7 is not recognizing the device on my XP machine it said found PRE on 7 machine it does not install the driver

In device manager I have Palm novacom running
    went to palm @ developer.palm.com and got the SDK and it came right up. NO MORE device not found.

Hope that helps someone
    you have to highlight the file then at the top of the box hit extract then you will see it!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    SO i installed webos, palm pre driver, put pre in dev mode, i still get connection refused - no device found.

I tried removing 'pre' from the device manager and adding it again, updating the driver (windows told me the driver was up to date)

still get connection refused.

I tried from a vista and an xp computer.

anyone else had this problem and figured out how to correct it?

I don't know if this makes a diff... but i previously have gained root access. Could this cause a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...

Thanks!
    I get the same error everytime regardless of the fact that Novacom installed without any problems. Did you ever find a solution to this?
    Still getting the ERROR message myself...I have the SDK and all installed properly as I know how. updated the java and novacom reinstall and used the Winows 7 method.

Windows 7
    WebOS 1.1

anyone know a work around?
    @jason

this worked flawlessly for me on win7. how do you guys get so smart!?
    So I've gone through all the steps put forward and read the trouble shooting section, but am still stuck. I have edited and deleted the line in the msi file, saved and closed. Your next steps says "Run the msi." Is the "msi" the same file I just edited? If so, I opened it and was just brought back to the screen that I just edited and nothing else happened? Is something supposed to happen? What do I do from here?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i used to have it all working.. now the novacom service spikes my cpu out at 99% after trying the webos quickinstall app..
    i cant seem to fix it.. help?
    Once you download apps to your phone how can you delete them from you phone? Can it be done from the phone or do you have to use the WebOS Quick Install? Thanks for the help and great product so far.
    i need major help i have no clue to what i'm doing on this computer but i know i want to have cool apps. i've already installed the webosdoctor thingy and im so lost please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS!!!... you are amazing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by brancleveland View Post
    I am also getting the same problem
    me too.
    i have the resources open and orca downloaded but it wont let me extract the files or edit with orca
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    what worked for me, is to go back into dev mode on pre "upupdown etc" turn off dev mode then after reset turn it back on. once I did that the new hard ware box did not return. then I went into device manager on pc right clicked palm novacom driver and updated driver, by searching in palm\palm,inc\novacom. it found driver than I was up and running. this is on vista 64bit
    OMG!!! This worked...I was ready to freak out but updating the novacom driver worked....Thank you!!
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast