Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    install
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Last I checked, the current way to install for Windows 7 is Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals (as mentioned in my first post)
    I can't dr my phone. It resets at 8%

I have officially bricked my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I can't dr my phone. It resets at 8%

I have officially bricked my pre
    Had the same problem in July and Sprint replaced the chipset for me n/c...not saying this is your problem, just saying. I tried every method known to man to get my Pre to doctor but it would not get over the hump during the reboot process...kept getting to where the "glow" screen should start and then it would freak out with that colorful kinda' reboot and restart all over again, of course, redering the doctor useless in the process as it immediately would disconnect. Oh well, it's fixed now and that's all that matters. Hope you have better luck than I had. Can I still call this a launch day Pre even though it has new guts?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I was having issues with Windows 7 until I installed the SDK and then no problems...is it supposed to be that easy?

When I try this the file list looks nothing like this (only a group of 5 directories named: "ca", "com", META-INF", "net" and "org"). No ".msi" files listed at all! Also, I tried the links to the Novacom driver, they all appear to be dead. - sorry to be a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by cLOWNgOD View Post
    When I try this the file list looks nothing like this (only a group of 5 directories named: "ca", "com", META-INF", "net" and "org"). No ".msi" files listed at all! Also, I tried the links to the Novacom driver, they all appear to be dead. - sorry to be a noob.
    You're not a noob, you just didn't read all the posts addressing this (like the one 2 above this) Try downloading WebOS Doctor from WebOS internals instead of letting QuickInstall do it. The complete package is there.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This is sooo confusing! I open QuickInstall and I cant even open the Options window! Or themer. or anything /: This is too much for me ahhh
    bummer, it still says no device found
    i have windows xp n everi time i go to install novacomd a black window pops up n it says service removed... wat does that even mean n y cant i install this damn thing...sumbodi plz help me
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne421 View Post
    i have windows xp n everi time i go to install novacomd a black window pops up n it says service removed... wat does that even mean n y cant i install this damn thing...sumbodi plz help me
    Go to the "run" command and type "services.msc" (no quotes) and scoll down to Palm Novacom and under status it should say "started"...if it doesn't then right click on it and select "start". If it doesn't show in the list then download the SDK from developer.palm.com and then you'll have it for sure.

2 days ive been trying to connect my pre to windows 7 64. i tried a usb port on the back of my desktop like someone suggested and everything connected just fine.

**edit**

i also changed the service to manual as suggested above. i don't want to leave that out because it could have been the combination of doing both that made it work..
    Last edited by afallison; 11/21/2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added something
    i was unable to install novacom drivers

i extracted webos doctor files and when to the resources folder, right clicked on novacominstaller for 64 bit and installed.....this was it
    Hi,

a few days ago I tried to install Preware via my main notebook (Win7/64 bit); at first there was some problem with novacom, which after a bit of fiddling around seemed to be resolved - it's reported by cmd.exe as "Running" (...I think; or possibly "Started").
    However, WOQI still reported the dreaded "Device not found", though tapping on the icon for safe removal of hardware gave the Pre as a removable device; eventually I used my XP netbook to install Preware.

The next day I tried to do the regular complete backup of the two 320 GB harddiscs in my notebook to a 1 TB external USB drive, whiich had previously always worked perfectly.

This time, the drive wasn't recognised, or, to be exact, didn't get a drive letter - the icon for safe removal of hardware listed the device; I have since found the same thing to be true for all my external USB harddiscs.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Can novacom have anything to do with this, or did the notebook by sheer coincidence develop a fault just when I tried to connect the new Pre+ for the first time?

Regards,

Jochen
    Thank you! I was pretty intimidated by all that this involved. I didn't want to mess something up on my brand new Pre Plus! Everything worked out great, occasionally I had to ad lib a few steps but in the end I was able to use this tutorial to help me figure it all out. Worked like a charm, already installed several preware aps with no problem
    Hi,

I was strugling with the novacom driver on vista32 with a pre 2 untill I followed the steps from the webos-internal.org wiki:

"Installing Preware on webOS 2.0

To install Preware on a webOS 2.0 device, the following procedure is recommended until WebOS Quick Install and other installation methods have been upgraded to support webOS 2.0:

1. Install the official Palm webOS 1.4.5 SDK
    2. Disconnect your device (I repeat, do not have your device connected, no cables in the device, device not even anywhere near the computer), and run the webOS 2.0 Doctor to install or upgrade your Novacom drivers
    3. Close the doctor, and connect your device
    4. Download the latest Preware package from get.preware.org
    5. Use palm-install to install that package "

I understood my mistake was that I was using a webos 1.x instead of the webos doctor 2.0 version that includes the correct novacom drivers !

I could connect to the device after this and install preware... !
    Quote Originally Posted by tczuber View Post
    went to palm @ developer.palm.com and got the SDK and it came right up. NO MORE device not found.

Hope that helps someone

That worked for me too!
    every time I switch in dev mode the palm device the driver doesn't work properly and the QuickInstaller doesn't see anything.....
  18.    #318  
    I'd like a mod to please close this thread.

As long as you're using WebOS Quick Install v4.1.1, it should properly auto-install Novacom for Windows 64bit just fine.

In addition, if you want to just simply and quickly install Novacom for Windows 32bit or 64bit, Mac, or Ubuntu 32bit or 64bit, then you can use Universal Novacom Installer.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Link not working
    Link on page 147 not working for the rom file
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516