Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    i go to to open webosdoctor rom file with winrar.. i find the 64bit .msi file and click extract and it tells me its a corrupt file. i have tried 3 diferent versions and they all do it. so i cant edit with orca.. any body have suggestions?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was having issues getting Quick Install to see my Pre, and none of these fix methods were working. As a final step, I just tried a different USB port on my system and it worked immediately.

I think you just need to install the Palm SDK, it installs the novacomd service for 64bit win7 no special steps.

Some of the USB headers hooked to the secondary usb controllers on the motherboard dont seem to work with novacomd. This isn't a DIY system either, its a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with one of the newest Intel chipsets, so it's not just "old" USB controllers, not sure what the distinction is.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Novacom is tricky for me too. One thing that helped most of the time was to change Novacom in Services from Automatic to Manual, then Start.
    I can no longer use Quick Install with the new WebOS 1.4 update. I have a Palm Pre (Sprint) Windows 7 64bit updated Quick Install to v3.02. everything worked fine until the WebOS 1.4 update. Every time that I use the program it states that it sees a new version of WebOS installed and needs to transition the patches to the new version. It starts then gets to the end and closes and when I open the program again it does the same thing. Any ideas or help?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    This is not working for me, it says Incorrect Command Line. Help?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    So... "installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34" is not in either the x64 or x86 file like the instructions say it should be.

What should I do in that case? Novacom won't install on Windows 7, so I can't reinstall preware, which has been broken for me since 1.3.5.

Are these instructions outdated?

There is an "installumdfxp..." listing but that isn't what the instructions in the OP say to delete.
    Last edited by zerohaste; 04/02/2010 at 11:34 PM.
    the install had gone smooth when i did it with out this thread. idk y so many people are having problems with this in windows 7
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    So... "installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34" is not in either the x64 or x86 file like the instructions say it should be.

What should I do in that case? Novacom won't install on Windows 7, so I can't reinstall preware, which has been broken for me since 1.3.5.

Are these instructions outdated?

There is an "installumdfxp..." listing but that isn't what the instructions in the OP say to delete.
    Just download the 1.4.x Palm SDK from the Palm website.

SDK Download - Palm Developer Center

It installs novacom without issues. Just try several different USB ports once you get going as not all of them are compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...

Thanks!
    Same here...

I give up, I've tried everything in this thread, I've installed and uninstalled a bunch of stuff, it will not read the palm as being connected.

ETA: Ok, right after I typed that, it magically worked. lol.
    Last edited by Kellz625; 04/12/2010 at 09:30 AM.
    Can anyone help me get the WebOSDoctor recovery rom? Every time I click on a link, it says not available.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This is crazy. So many people have "device not detected" problems and the number of different actions that fix the problem... it's nuts. What is breaking in the OS or with Novacom that these problems crop up and disappear magically? I'm guessing no one knows the answer. It's the same for me: I'll try WebOSQI 100 times and then on try 101 it works, then it doesn't for the next 100 tries. Very frustrating. thorne
    The Swimmer - Thanks for your help!!! Installing the SDK finally made my computer detect my Pre again!!!!! I am a happy camper!
    tried every solution I could find on precentral and can not get it to work. I am running windows 7 64bit and I followed the instructions to the t but still no working results, just heartache. originally when I tried running the quick webosinstall a dos window would appear briefly then disappear with no results. then with this post when I would open the msi file it would give me the same thing. brief dos window and then nothing. oh well. can't wait till spring gets the iphone or maybe I'll just checkout the evo4. cheers friends!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    By downloading Orca I receive error message. It's asking me if it is a valid Windows Installer package.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I just got a new netbook at it is not recognizing my Pre. I have tried downloading the SDK, Orca, etc. but no matter what I do, it still doesn't recognize it. Anyone have any ideas on why it still will not recognize it?
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I need to join the club and cry a bit here too ... I've spent 3+ hours reading and trying pretty much everything you/I can think of – and then some.

PreCase:
    Some malware removal made my XP x64 suddenly wanting to reactivate after a reebot. The activation (3 day limit) didn't work so I resorted to restoring a partition backup made some time before my first WOSQI and SDK installations many weeks(/months) ago.

NowCase:
    Every bloody time I connect the Pre (DevMode active) I am asked to (re)install the Novacom drivers. The driver is already installed (x64), the service is (re)started, but nothing help much. As long as Windows want the drivers I just ain't going further, and that's more than frustrating as I've used the same files with success earlier.

FutureCase:
    As mentioned, I've tried more than everything I've seen people come up with, but still have an issue with the driver, resulting in WOSQI not finding the device.

Now I wonder if someone have a set of driver files that the "new hardware wizard" would accept and install ...

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    i just got a netbook with win7 as well. the only thing i installed on the netbook, to start tweaking my pre again, was the wosqi file that you can download here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html.
    and of course the latest java for my unit which is free by clicking the java link that jason robataille has in the same post as i've linked you with.

got the "not found" and so i did the novacomd restart in wosqi -file-options-usb mode. it took about 4 or 5 nova restarts until it finally decided it was happy and it allowed me to get into the device management menu. then i did what i wanted from there.

if you've just upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and you get the "need to update/install gnu drivers" or something like that just take note of what it wants to "fix" and then delete those files in device management. i can get into dev mgmt to delete patches/apps even if i cant get into tweaks (oops this is past tense since i fixed the probs but you may get my meaning) i know the pkg mgr and an internals patch needed to be removed and replaced with the updated ones but cant remember where i saw it. search package manager and robataille to find his post about that.

anyway. im just saying that you CAN run the webosqi on a netbook w/ win7 as i did it in a jiffy and i'm a mac. just have to get over the little bugs/fixes first and its actually smoother running than it was on xp. and now i have the blue repos menu working for once. couldnt get it to respond on mac or win xp. i feel all brand new...
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Now I wonder if someone have a set of driver files that the "new hardware wizard" would accept and install ...
    In case this will help out others in my situation where installation of the extracted Novacom drivers just won't be "accepted" properly by the system (XP Pro x64 in my case). This time when the hardware wizard yet again was nagging about the driver, I pointed it to where the install package had put the files as I found a INF-file there that I hoped Windows would process without complaining about more than driver signing.

Success and happiness followed, so I'll post a "proof" image to get this post the visual attention it might need to help others find it and resolve the "Novacom driver nightmare".
    Attached Images Attached Images

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    I am new to all this - and its really frustrating! I got the Palm Pre, plugged it in to my Lappy - running WINDOWS 7 - and all was fine, put some music on with songbird.... Then the next time i plugged it in i got nothing!! No menu on the Palm Pre - absolutely nothing!!! Please help, i have tried the Novacom stuff - and various other things in this thread but nothing works.....

The Pre shows up in the devices and printers but nowhere else - and when you click on troubleshoot it wants to install drivers for Reduced CDC Abstract Control Module and Generic Serial.... It finds nothing everytime!!! PLEASE HELP!
    It wont let me edit with orca im using 7-zip what can i do ?