Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    disregard last post didnt look through the posts
    im currently trying to download it but its sau device not connected but it is can someone help me i dnt wat im doin wrng
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I had all kinds of problems getting this to work with the instructions above they are good and right in most cases (thank you) but for me i had to do this to get it to work.

Installing USBNet Drivers on Windows:
    If you're using USB tethering, you will need to install the usb network drivers on your machine. Instructions are here: pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

These USBNet Drivers instructions are very good: http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next
    HA! Thank you!! The wiki references and all the other sources have been worthless as what they referenced either didn't show up, wasn't relevant, or didn't work.

My system: Windows 7 64bit, Sprint Palm Pre WebOS 1.3.5.1, MyTether 2.1.0
    Novacom drivers and WebOS Quick install were already present, MyTether was working via both BT and Wifi, but I couldn't figure out how to get the USB tethering to work.

What showed up in the Windows Device Manager was an "RNDIS" something. I followed your steps and bam, USB tethering right away. Many thanks!
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    It appears that I might have found the solution for everyone else.

You might have to install] both XP Mode and Virtual PC (google "XP Mode" and it's the first option, I can't post links right now since it is my 2nd post). From there you will need to download everything as you usually would in his initial guide. Then at the top of the XP Mode screen you can click "USB" and mount the Pre USB to the Virtual Machine. This MIGHT fix your issues. It was my only way to do so since Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit was continuously failing.

If anyone has any questions/comments, please let me know.
    I too am having issues with WebOS and my device not being found. At this point I cant even get WebOS to load onto my PC. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! I want this theme on my phone and have spent more than 7 hours working on this - to no avail.
    Quote Originally Posted by amarius973 View Post
    I too am having issues with WebOS and my device not being found. At this point I cant even get WebOS to load onto my PC. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! I want this theme on my phone and have spent more than 7 hours working on this - to no avail.
    What OS do you have?
    Same here. It never recognizes my device! I think the USB drive on my laptop can't handle the greatness
    Have either of you tried what I posted two posts up? Nothing worked for me EXCEPT that and that worked first try.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
    Have either of you tried what I posted two posts up? Nothing worked for me EXCEPT that and that worked first try.
    I'll try that. But I am currently already using Windows XP
    what can i do when my computer says novacom has install correctly but it still does read my phone??
    You can try these packages for the Novacom drivers, they seem to help most people get it installed:

32-bit version:
    http://www.crowza.com/NovacomInstaller_x86.msi

64-bit version:
    http://www.crowza.com/NovacomInstaller_x64.msi

They are pre-modified versions of the install packages. You could do it yourself by reading the first post in this thread, and editing them with Orca.

I hope that helps someone!
    Last edited by Crowza; 02/26/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    I just installed Novacom on my Win7 x64 box by starting up webosdoctor.jar. It autoinstalled for me w/o a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by brancleveland View Post
    I am also getting the same problem
    Novacom will not install on my computer PLEASE HELP im desperate for a on screen keyboard
    This is great, I can actually use Webosquickinstaller on my win7 laptop now instead of my crappy desktop.
    Ok so I did all this step by step and still get that stupid pop up. I am running windows vista 64bit. I edited the Novacom installer file, I have the Palm webOS SDK installed. Jason - I followed your instructions to the T, but I am at a loss here. (not a loss of cus words though)
    Thanks for this writeup!! I really needed help and this thread did the trick.
    Where is 'resource file' as you state in #4)Open up the resources folder.
    I'm having trouble getting my Novacom driver installed. [I run vista 32]
    it still says no device found and i cant figure it out!!!!!!
    Okay, I have tried everything from Just trying to reinstall Novacom to doing all that technical stuff. I still cannot get the quick install to recognize my Pre. It's doing this since I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. Can anyone please help me?!
    Quote Originally Posted by efontenette View Post
    Okay, I have tried everything from Just trying to reinstall Novacom to doing all that technical stuff. I still cannot get the quick install to recognize my Pre. It's doing this since I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. Can anyone please help me?!

Same boat. I guess I can't ever doctor my phone again if I want to use homebrew. I was so excited to update to Windows 7 and now that I have my homebrew days are over.

Update: I did get it working. Thanks to nimer55 for their help.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 03/26/2010 at 10:46 AM.