Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll PM you about this to keep this thread clean of WebOS Quick Install issues

EDIT:
    FYI, apparrently this method of Novacom installtion worked for a friend who couldn't get novacom installed on his 32bit vista computer
    Same Problem HERE!!!! HELP
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have tried to follow these instructions, but when I get to the resource folder and find the proper MSI file, I do not get an "Edit with Orca" option. I just have "Edit" which defaults to "WordPad". Any idea of another way to edit the file with ORCA? I do find the ORCA program in my Program list, so I know it is installed and I can even open ORCA, but cannot open the msi file within ORCA.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Scott
    Last edited by sstayner; 01/10/2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: I found my problem
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Never mind, I did not extract the file first. After I extracted the file, I had the option to edit with ORCA. I will try to install the MSI file now.
    Installing the web os sprint
    will it erase my full flash from cricket?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi Again,
    I installed the Novacomd file using these instructions for my Windows 7 32 bit OS, but the Webos Quick Install still will not recognize my pre. Any ideas of what I can do to get thie Webos Quick Install program to recognize my phone?
    Thanks,

Scott
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    When I extract the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi (I am running Windows 7 32 bit)and attempt to edit with Orca I can't find a line on the right hand side of the table called:
    installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34

Instead I find one called:
    installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34
    (i.e. everything is the same except the "xp" at the end of the string. Should I dekete this before trying to run the MSI file?

My Webos Quickinstall still cannot find my palm pre.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by sstayner View Post
    When I extract the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi (I am running Windows 7 32 bit)and attempt to edit with Orca I can't find a line on the right hand side of the table called:
    installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34

Instead I find one called:
    installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34
    (i.e. everything is the same except the "xp" at the end of the string. Should I dekete this before trying to run the MSI file?

My Webos Quickinstall still cannot find my palm pre.

Thanks,
    Scott
    i had the same, i deleted the file, but the install didnt work
    I can't get it to work either. Have wasted several hours now trying to get HomeBrew apps to install. Can't install Novacom. Can't run WebOSQuick Install. Really people, if you are going to write software write stuff that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by sqlblindman View Post
    I can't get it to work either. Have wasted several hours now trying to get HomeBrew apps to install. Can't install Novacom. Can't run WebOSQuick Install. Really people, if you are going to write software write stuff that works.
    Ok, so I dont mean to be rude but how is it that many people have gotten this to work? I've had this working for forever, with absolutely no hitches whatsoever. I see that you only have one post...which means that you have not done a single thing yourself. Again, I hate to be rude, but I migrate here from xda developers and I've seen many developers/chefs/etc. run off or start charging mandatory fees because they were tired of ungrateful (often illiterate/lazy) complainers who offered nothing...not even so much as to a useful description of their problems.

BTW thanks Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by sqlblindman View Post
    I understand your frustration but no one is going to help you with that horrible attitude. I have Windows 7 and have zero problems, all I did was install WebOS Quick install and then go to options and click on
    "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" and that's it. It works great. Are you sure it isn't your computer. Seriously, chill out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lopezpm; 01/19/2010 at 08:33 PM.
    I dont see "Edit With Orca" At ALL And I already installed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbomber111 View Post
    I dont see "Edit With Orca" At ALL And I already installed it
    Use lopezpm's method below...I just confirmed it to work on a fresh windows 7 install.

Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I understand your frustration but no one is going to help you with that horrible attitude. I have Windows 7 and have zero problems, all I did was install WebOS Quick install and then go to options and click on
    "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" and that's it. It works great. Are you sure it isn't your computer. Seriously, chill out.
    Yes, this is correct, this solution worked for me an dI have Windows Vista 32-bit on my desktop. It worked like a charm and with the screen shots and instructions you made it easy, even for a non-techy person like myself...Thanks!
    Hey all, the problem I first ecountered was that when I tried to open anything (options, themer, etc...) on WebOS quickinstall, nothing would pop up. I saw this thread for problems with windows 7 so I downloaded the recovery rom posted of the top of the page. When i try to open with winRAR I get an error message saying "Unexpected end of archive" I was hoping someone, anyone, would be able to give me some insight on how to fix my problems with the quickinstall. Thanks in advance.

BTW: I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Not sure if that may be an issue but thought it was worth mentioning.
    Last edited by hodne1bj; 01/30/2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Left out info.
    i was going crazy good job!!!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i have windows 7 "64" i have installed novacom ,i can root my pre but when i try to open wqi or the doctor "the jar files", the command prompt pops up and closes immediatly and nothing happens.i have java for the 32 and 64 version installed
    I did a clean upgrade install from Win7beta, back down to Vista Ultimate SP1, then to Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit...even tho I prolly should've done the 64bit). I can confirm that "lopezpm's" process worked for me too. I just ran WOQI (before attaching my Pre) and then the "attempt novacom reinstallation" and rebooted. When I plugged my Pre in, Win7 automatically recognized it as a new device and loaded the appropriate drivers.
    cannot get WebOS Quick Install to run...i just get an error "tone" with no error message. I installed/reinstalled current version of Java, installed WebOSDoctor, did the Orca edit and installed Novacom. HELP!
    I already install NovacomD on windows 7 X86, and it already running on windows services. But everytime I tried install WebOS QuickInstall it STILL want to download WebOS doctor. What I'm doing wrong here... everything should works fine.. because NovacomD already running and Pre success install the driver.

Any way to install Quick Install without bothering download WebOS doctor.. is there any simplest way... I started to have headache here...
    when i right click on the extracted file i dont see the edit with orca selection anywhere what do i do?