Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    no matter what i do, novacom will not download. im running windows xp and nothing seams to work. please help.
    Did it all, installed properly, but I still get the ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I had to post this. Don't know if anybody did this but I just upgraded today to Win 7 and sorta anticipated some issues trying to get the Pre up. So I followed everything, as far as the updates, downloaded new webos qi and new doc. I was doing the last instal for Novacom, I accidently hit the new Web Doctor I installed. Now my phone was not connected and it ran all the way through to the point where it asked me to attache my phone. But during its install or whatever, it said installing Novacom. So just on a haunch, I of course exited out of Web doc and opend up WebQI and I mean it worked flawlessly. So much so I just had to post. Previously, I would be in WebQI and it would work then crash (which is in part why I upgraded) but I would have to restart the phone and computer, eventually I would get what I wanted, but just a bit of a hassle. Today I was really impressed. I downloaded so many patches and themes and was just wating for it to say "error 5" or whatever. Never happened. I unplugged it and plugged it back, and it came right up. Anyway, I am so far impressed with Win 7 but really impressed that now I can really do the things I want with WebOS qi.
    I was trying to use the file coaster (I had 1.1.1) to update to the new version but it keep clocking (spinng the wheel) when I try to load it. I read that I had to load that via webquickinstall which I tried but I also get NO DEVICE FOUND. I've disabled anti virus and done all the other suggestions but no luck, I still get NO DEVICE FOUND. Any other way to load the file coaster new version? Thanks.

-CK
    Update: I went through the process as described on my laptop (windows xp) and no problems. Maybe has something to do with Windows 7?

Go figure.
    There needs to be an easier way as I had Vista everything worked fine and now i have 7 and I cant get nothing to work. it seams like novocam is have working and have not
    I followed the steps one by one. I've never done this kind of editing before, but the steps work in a newbie's favor. I successfully installed FileCoaster after (re)installing the Novacom software (that i prompted in the options menu of the WebOSQuickInstall program). The One fault I see in your explanation is that you instruct us to delete "installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34", but in my "NovacomInstaller_x64.msi" file it was named "installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34".

Thanks a million dude. Its simple detailed step by step guides like this that we need more of in our forums (and it really helps that u have all the links for the necessary programs).
    works fine with windows 7 after removing the non-functional version via add/remove programs then editing the msi. if you get still get 'no device detected' (which I just did) simply disconnect and reconnect your pre and bob's your uncle.

great work OP.
    I had everything running perfectly, applied the EPR, and unloaded the theme I had, then I did the update tp 1.3.1 and when i tried to use Quick Install it didn't work,,, did a partial erase and now I'm getting the same error msg." DEVICE NOT FOUND "

I also tried to do the updownupdown thing again to either turn on the dev mode or turn it off but every time i press enter it goes to google

what can i do
    I am having the same problem with device not found. I have webOS 1.3.1 on my phone and I have tried the whole process and no luck. I even downloaded the most current webos doctoer to no avail. Everything install correctly but I still get that error. I am using windows XP 32bit, the palm pre not the emulator.

Help please....
    I've been working on this for a few hours and I finally got it to work. As a previous member posted before I just downloaded the SDK from developer.palm.com and it worked just fine. I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32bit.
    Can you please help me i am still getting that error message i have vista on my computer....HELP....
    I kept getting device not found myself too (Win 7 x64)

I found this though and it worked perfect

github.com/bsiegel/novacom_win7

I ran the msi and the reg file - had to reboot Win7 - WebOS Quick Install worked straight away after that

Also using the latest 1.3.1 jar
    I had to post this. Don't know if anybody did this but I just upgraded today to Win 7 and sorta anticipated some issues trying to get the Pre up. So I followed everything, as far as the updates, downloaded new webos qi and new doc. I was doing the last instal for Novacom, I accidently hit the new Web Doctor I installed. Now my phone was not connected and it ran all the way through to the point where it asked me to attache my phone. But during its install or whatever, it said installing Novacom. So just on a haunch, I of course exited out of Web doc and opend up WebQI and I mean it worked flawlessly. So much so I just had to post. Previously, I would be in WebQI and it would work then crash (which is in part why I upgraded) but I would have to restart the phone and computer, eventually I would get what I wanted, but just a bit of a hassle. Today I was really impressed. I downloaded so many patches and themes and was just wating for it to say "error 5" or whatever. Never happened. I unplugged it and plugged it back, and it came right up. Anyway, I am so far impressed with Win 7 but really impressed that now I can really do the things I want with WebOS qi.

i did this with my phone NOT CONNECTED and it worked perfectly to get novacom installed in my windows 7 laptop. it took a total of about 2 minutes, and now my laptop recognizes the pre perfectly! hope this helps someone!
    New to this...trying to install Homebrew apps and Patches. I'm running MacOSX 10.5.8 on my MacBook Pro

1.) Followed the instructions installing the WebOS Quick Install and am at the wretched "Device Not Found" error. I have the Pre hooked up to one of my USB ports

2). Also, once I get pass this hurdle, I'm interested in getting the Tethering App and Virtual Keyboard apps. Can someone explain/walk me through the "Rooting" process? Is there anyway around this?

Reach me at ty4biz at yahoo
    This worked fine on my new Windows 7 install. Jason - thanks very much - keep up the awesome work chap.
    quick and easy thanks!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does the python rooter method work in win7? Thats the way Im accustomed to doing it in vista.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Bump, anyone?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    thank you it worked for me too!!!,, I thought i was done with homebrew apps,,till this showed up. yesss.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast