Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Does anyone have access to the code for the original Atari Lunar Lander game?

I think this would be a great game for the pre - especially if the accelerometer could be used to pilot the ship left and right.

The iphone has a 3d app - which I think sucks. No one seems to have ported the original 2d game over.

Here is the game I would like: Play LunarLander Game
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yes please!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    + 1, 2 & 3

I'd love to see this app, just a basic 2D
    I cannot promise the original Atari implementation, but I will be working on a canvas based design that should give you the same feel. I need to study the original concept though, but this one shouldn't take too long to get on the beta feed.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Was that on a Commodore 64? Did it use cassette tape drives? I love it but I think maybe something a little farther down the Lunar Lander evolutionary chart would be best.
    It's not the full thing but I do have a base landing side mission in "Lunar Attack" when your base is destroyed.

See Precentral's review at:
    http://www.precentral.net/quick-app-lunar-attack

Youtube video:

Maybe I'll expand the landing portion of the side mission if enough people are interested. And yes, you can optionally use the tilt/rotate to control your base.
    Last edited by djpushplay; 04/22/2010 at 01:37 AM.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Did you say original lunar lander? Believe it or not, this is the first version of lunar lander I played on a home computer.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread title! Of course, the version that I played was over a 1200 baud modem and a long distance call. The best part was that it told you how big of a crater you made when you landed too hard.

Now, if someone would port the 550-point version of Adventure to the Pre, we'd be styling.....
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    It's not the full thing but I do have a base landing side mission in "Lunar Attack" when your base is destroyed.
    Huh, that looks pretty neat.

Maybe I'll expand the landing portion of the side mission if enough people are interested. And yes, you can optionally use the tilt/rotate to control your base.
    I know I would be.
    I wrote one of these in BASIC about 20 years ago. I'll see if I still have it. Should be easy to port to javascript.