Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Can we get a patch for the old way, as well?? I MUCH prefer how the K & Z pulled up before.

Thanks SO much for your work, however!! It's nice to see it coming back in PATCH form!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Can we get a patch for the old way, as well?? I MUCH prefer how the K & Z pulled up before.

Thanks SO much for your work, however!! It's nice to see it coming back in PATCH form!!!
    Here ya go...I updated the files in my previous post...

Post #99

I'll probably make a proper patch thread for this in the next couples of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jluna9406 View Post
    I tried this and now when I hit Sym K or Z nothing comes up! Can you tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it?
    seems like you didn't download the file. Did you type "http" or "h t t p"??
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    NICE!! Thanks for the updated patches!!!
    can we get this patch in preware????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Here's a patch file I put together you can use through WOSQI.

It worked on my Pre...Please let me know if it works for you.

If there's interest, I may expand the patch to more languages.

BTW...I switched around the k & z mappings because I like the symbol emoticons over the lettered one...Since the z and sym keys are on opposites sides of the keyboard, it's easier for me to cycle through them by repeated pressing the z.

Edit: I added a patch matching the original mapping layout.
    Thanks. Worked just fine for me.
    Patch submitted for Preware...

[Patch] Emoticons using sym key
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnlover View Post
    I followed the instructions and rebooted. When I hit sym k I only get 3 smilies. When i hit sym z i get the standard alternate chars? I don't know where I went wrong, can someone please advise.
    hello .. just thought id update this.. as some are having issues with installing it and also the one on preware

the instructions above only work for US phone and the same i think for the preware install . if you command line the phone and go back to the submissions folder

cd /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/

in there the nubmer will be different for countries or versions.. im in Ireland so mine was 200.72

cd into that directory and then resources. then choose your language you set the phone up with in my case en_ie

so my directory structure looked like this

cd /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_ie

then just rename the alternatechars_table as first outlined to .old
    mv alternatechars_table.json alternatechars_table.json.old
    and transfer in the new file ..

also i had problems with getting the file to transfer over the internet on the phone. so i just put in the web address on my laptop and it downloaded to my HDD. then plugged the phone in as USB and manually copied the file over. then used this command to move the file from the USB drive to the correct directory

cp /media/internal/alternatechars_table.json /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_ie/alternatechars_table.json

works a treat for me. .I will be doing my bro's for him... he is in the UK ,, Big shout out bro.. enjoy the Pre
    Last edited by mrbee; 02/23/2010 at 05:35 AM.
    LOL...I was just working on getting all the files supported in the patch...

It's done now and available in the patch tread in my sig.

BTW...The preferred method, at this point, is using Preware or a patch file because it makes it much easier to revert back to the stock file, if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    LOL...I was just working on getting all the files supported in the patch...

It's done now and available in the patch tread in my sig.

BTW...The preferred method, at this point, is using Preware or a patch file because it makes it much easier to revert back to the stock file, if necessary.

cool on the update.. I havent written a patch as of yet, im new to all this, but have understanding of Linux .

Just incase you need to update for version 1.4 OS. my directory structure has changed since the 1.4 update.. the directory previous to resources has now changed from 200.72 to 330 - im on O2 / Tesco mobile pay as you go in Ireland if that helps any

the smileys were not working again since the update so i have manually patched in the file and seems to be OK .

I think my next mission should be to make a patch and see how this all work .. Know of a good place to start ????
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbee View Post
    cool on the update.. I havent written a patch as of yet, im new to all this, but have understanding of Linux .

Just incase you need to update for version 1.4 OS. my directory structure has changed since the 1.4 update.. the directory previous to resources has now changed from 200.72 to 330 - im on O2 / Tesco mobile pay as you go in Ireland if that helps any

the smileys were not working again since the update so i have manually patched in the file and seems to be OK .

I think my next mission should be to make a patch and see how this all work .. Know of a good place to start ????
    Yup...I'll need to get it updated because they change the directory at every update...I actually have it done, and I've expanded it to included all the languages...However, I've been doing some other fiddling around with my phone, but I'm hoping to get it tested and posted very soon.

You can simply check the patch thread in my signature for the update status.

I'll PM you about patch creation.

Thank you so much for making my life so much less complicated!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is this the same for 2.1?
    I updated it in the Preware feeds. Well, I updated the Reversed version because that's the version I use.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Does not work in 2.1
    Well, it works...just not if you install a custom kernel. Or at least, not with Uberkernel. I don't know what the kernel changed to make it not work.

Making a version that worked without fail would not be hard...but I would have to do it for every locale/language.
    Last edited by malpha; 03/27/2011 at 05:24 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I'm using out of box Pre2(unlocked). Just updated it to 2.1
    No custom kernel. No smiles
    Ok, I'll pull the file from my device and try to do it again, it does look a little different than when I made it a couple of weeks ago. I just know that I had installed it after a meta-doctor and it was fine, then I installed Uber and it went away, maybe a coincidence though.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    In the webos 2.1, should be Option+spacebar to bring smily face menu in messages app, but after you used option key one time, the spacebar will bring smily face menu, do not need an option key. It cause some problem, you can not input space in your message. And in chinese input, we use spacebar to choose words. I tried "smiley faces in symbol box reversed" patch, but the problem still there.
    Anyone can give some suggestion?

can I disable the smilyes function?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456