1.    #1  
    Tutorial for making your dialer the same as your background.

First, I dont want to get into a debate about Rooting.

You will have to have root access to do this mod.

1: Upload your background photo to photobucket or your favorite pic hosting site.
    2:go to Photobucket and select your backgroung pic, Choose the direct link and copy it.
    3: copy and paste this code into notepad then make the changes listed below to change your dialer.

Code:
    cd /tmp/
    Code:
    mount -o remount rw, /
    Code:
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3571/backdropphonescrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5493/listsectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    Code:
    mount -o remount ro, /

4:replace hxxp://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png w/your direct link to your background pic that you copied from photobucket.
    Be sure to leave the space between png and -O

5: load to your pre using your favorite terminal.

Heres the official wiki on how to change dialer, Background Editing - WebOS Internals

I found the original code on here to change dialer to black and I dont know who originally did this, so if its yours let me know and I'll edit my post to give you credit.

hxxp:// should be tt not xx
    Doug

Last edited by 2sslow; 07/29/2009 at 11:38 PM.
    that's pretty cool, might have to try this later tonight. On my pre right now ")
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    nice background
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Guys Ive almost got my pre perfect!
    Well I guess not, every time another hack pops up I gotta try it!

Doug
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thanks Guys Ive almost got my pre perfect!
    Well I guess not, every time another hack pops up I gotta try it!

Doug
    I was going to say that the sky's the limit on this thing! There is always something new!

Speaking of, I noticed you haven't done this hack yet! LOL
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I was going to say that the sky's the limit on this thing! There is always something new!

Speaking of, I noticed you haven't done this hack yet! LOL
    Yeah Im actually waiting on the battery icon hack to get perfected before I mess w/ the bar-assistant any more.
    I'm not as good as some of you, It has to be pretty simple for me to get it lol.
    2sslow: you need to edit your linux posts with a scrolling box as your links DO NOT WORK as they are cut off. This will lead to errors when people use this method.

As you can see the whole link for photobucket are NOT mentioned.

*MODS if you could correct this that would be great for future members!
    (saves them the headache it caused me..)
    sweet, now i can change the phone dialer whenever the mood strikes.
    Can you tell me why the image is cropped incorrectly. Basically it looks perfect as far as the glass/transparency effect, but my picture is showing only like a corner of it full screen? If that makes any sense.
    Last edited by derrickonline; 07/29/2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Disregard, I'm messing around with the resizing to get it just right.
    The picture you selected probably isn't the right dimensions man. Don't get the url of the thumbnail, get it of the actual phone size image.
    The picture you selected probably isn't the right dimensions man. Don't get the url of the thumbnail, get it of the actual phone size image.
    What dimensions should I be using?
  13. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    320 wide by 480 tall
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    2sslow: you need to edit your linux posts with a scrolling box as your links DO NOT WORK as they are cut off. This will lead to errors when people use this method.

As you can see the whole link for photobucket are NOT mentioned.

*MODS if you could correct this that would be great for future members!
    (saves them the headache it caused me..)
    I fixed it!

If you copy and paste into note pad then copy and paste into putty it works perfect. I noted in my post to copy and paste into note pad first.

Sorry if it caused a problem for you.

Doug
    Last edited by 2sslow; 07/29/2009 at 11:30 PM.