1.    #1  
    I'd like to make a time card app but I'm new to developing on the Palm WebOS. I'm hoping I can find someone who would be willing to walk me through the process.

I'd like to make an app that would allow the user to add multiple customer accounts and clock in & out on each. Get a daily total, and weekly total. In addition to this I'd like to also have a lunch countdown timer that would set off an alarm when it reaches 0.

Thanks for your consideration.
    I would love to see an app like this. I don't know anything about making webOS apps either but I am sure you can find help in the IRC channel on Freenode. The information is on the wiki. Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Howdy, g33kgirl.

I tried to reply to your PM about this. However since I do not have 15 posts yet, I am not allowed to reply to PMs

here is my reply:

Quote Originally Posted by g33kgirl
    Would you be interested in helping me make a time card app?

I'd like to make an app that would allow the user to add multiple customer accounts and clock in & out on each. Get a daily total, and weekly total. In addition to this I'd like to also have a lunch countdown timer that would set off an alarm when it reaches 0.

Thanks for your consideration,
    REDACTED
    This sounds fun. I am in the middle of writing something similar so I can keep track of what to bill which clients. I am doing most of the application on a server, and using the pre mainly as an interface to the timetracker/issue management parts of the application.

However, if you want a more standalone application (which has plenty of benefits and caveats over the server/client model I have described above) then yes. I am very interested in helping you write the app (I'll do most of the hard stuff, even.) I just want to be able to chronicle the process, so we can share the knowledge with others, and hopefully help them avoid pitfalls.

Why offer up so much of my time to complete strangers?

I am enamored with the principals behind webOS. And, I have been programming for over two decades. If my knowledge in traditional software development can help other people with interest get traction on their own projects, and ultimately get more useful apps out of the door... I am totally up for it.

SO... Are you interested in learning how to develop applications like the one you describe, and are you willing to put in the time to research things I ask you to have competency in? (note: I am always willing to answer questions) If so, then I promise to mentor you to the point to where you can write this application from scratch yourself by the time we call it 'complete'.
    I wonder is this similiar to AllTime by Agendus. I would definetly be insterseted in helping you beta test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I wonder is this similiar to AllTime by Agendus. I would definetly be insterseted in helping you beta test it.
    What does AllTime do? I remember playing with Agendus (I think) on the sony clie' years ago. It was a seriously impressive app at the time.
  6.    #6  
    I loved Agendus. Hopefully they'll create their apps for the PalmPre.

Thank you for your replies. dennisharrison and I will be working on this. I'll let you know how it goes.