Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Hey folks. I have a rooted Pre and have installed tons of customizations (many of which I had to reinstall post 1.1 update). Unfortunately I was a little hasty today and ran into an issue.

I was trying out the Global Search Addon hack over at the WebOS Internals Wiki and somehow managed to screw something up. In my haste I didn't backup the .jsjsjs $file$ $I$ $was$ $working$ $on$ $and$ $now$ $I$'$m$ $paying$ $the$ $price$. $Now$ $my$ $Global$ $Search$ $doesn$'$t$ $display$ $the$ $buttons$ $for$ $Google$, $Google$ $Maps$, $Wikipedia$, $etc$ $if$ $the$ $search$ $string$ $isn$'$t$ $found$ $in$ $Apps$ $or$ $Contacts$.

Can someone make the following file available from WebOS 1.1?

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Thanks a bunch!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    EDIT: Maybe not.. I just downloaded the WebOS doctor, and it looks like that may still be an older version of the OS than 1.1.0

My original post:
    You can always do this to get the original files from WebOS 1.1

1. Download the WebOS Doctor from http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar

2. Rename the .jar to a .zip
    3. Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your desktop (I use IZArc for this since it will handle the tar and gz files below)
    4. After thats done, go in the resources folder
    5. Open webOS.tar
    6. Within webOS.tar there is a file called nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz -- thats ultimately what you want to extract somewhere.
    Last edited by RickNY; 07/25/2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    Hey folks. I have a rooted Pre and have installed tons of customizations (many of which I had to reinstall post 1.1 update). Unfortunately I was a little hasty today and ran into an issue.

I was trying out the Global Search Addon hack over at the WebOS Internals Wiki and somehow managed to screw something up. In my haste I didn't backup the .jsjsjs $file$ $I$ $was$ $working$ $on$ $and$ $now$ $I$'$m$ $paying$ $the$ $price$. $Now$ $my$ $Global$ $Search$ $doesn$'$t$ $display$ $the$ $buttons$ $for$ $Google$, $Google$ $Maps$, $Wikipedia$, $etc$ $if$ $the$ $search$ $string$ $isn$'$t$ $found$ $in$ $Apps$ $or$ $Contacts$.

Can someone make the following file available from WebOS 1.1?

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Thanks a bunch!
    Here you go! Straight from the Pre!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was working on the Change Carrier String and screwed someting up. I backed up the

usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.

before starting, I dont know how to restore that back up. Please help.
    Nevermind I found the solution in the search, go figure. Actually the person who posted did the same thing as me and needed the same exact answer.