1.    #1  
    Has anybody found out yet how to rotate the emulator to test landscape mode?
    There has to be a way to edit the window manager preferences somewhere.
    Well, looking at the VirtualBox machine config for the emmulator shows the following:
    Code:
      <ExtraDataItem name="CustomVideoMode1" value="320x480x32" /> 
      <ExtraDataItem name="CustomVideoMode2" value="480x320x32" />
    So, they plan on having a rotate in there someday. The problem with rotating the emulated screen is more complex than just a change in resolution, since pixel locations would also need to be rotated. The video driver in the emulator would need to handle this.
    Also, we would need to mungle with the accelerometer simulation so it could post real screen-rotate events to webOS.
    But, then we don't know if webOS in the emulator supports screen rotate in any way yet.

Edit:
    A quick-test of changing CustomVideoMode1 into CustomVideoMode2 seems to almost-kinda not work. It surprisingly boots up, and gets to the home screen, but it obviously doesn't like it. Example:
    Last edited by Brain_ReCall; 07/26/2009 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Interested in your code to enable landscape screen, where i enter this config ?
    <ExtraDataItem name="CustomVideoMode1" value="320x480x32" />
    <ExtraDataItem name="CustomVideoMode2" value="480x320x32" />
    Thanks
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
    Find solution !

Here is (extracted from Palm Inc website)
    1- Open a Command Prompt window.
    2- Type: cd \Program Files\Sun\virtualbox
    3- Type: VBoxManage list vms
    The response should be the emulator name, which is similar to Palm Emulator (1.2.0.30). Your version number may be different.
    4- Type the following, including the quotation marks and inserting the correct version for your emulator:
    VBoxManage setextradata "Palm Emulator (1.2.0.30)" "CustomVideoMode1" "320x400x32"
    5- Start the emulator.

Include these commands in a .bat file to quickly set landscape mode.

So, the screen area is truncated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze-Palm View Post
    Find solution !

Here is (extracted from Palm Inc website)
    1- Open a Command Prompt window.
    2- Type: cd \Program Files\Sun\virtualbox
    3- Type: VBoxManage list vms
    The response should be the emulator name, which is similar to Palm Emulator (1.2.0.30). Your version number may be different.
    4- Type the following, including the quotation marks and inserting the correct version for your emulator:
    VBoxManage setextradata "Palm Emulator (1.2.0.30)" "CustomVideoMode1" "320x400x32"
    5- Start the emulator.

Include these commands in a .bat file to quickly set landscape mode.

So, the screen area is truncated.
    If you want to do 320x400, which is of course not Pre landscape, but Pixi portrait, you can simply specify it when the emulator starts.
    If you want to do 320x400, which is of course not Pre landscape, but Pixi portrait, you can simply specify it when the emulator starts.
    Yes of course but i want to set the landscape mode (Pre or Pixi) and not the resolution.

k guys, I wanna try to get the apps in landscape . Is this possible?
    I know this thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to post a reply, because this page shows as a top result for how to rotate the palm emulator.

From this page:
    https://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1744&Itemid=36

The emulator supports certain accelerometer events through the use of function keys.

F5 Simulate shaking
    F6 Simulate "up" (12:00 or normal) orientation
    F7 Simulate "down" (6:00) orientation
    F8 Simulate "right" (3:00) orientation
    F9 Simulate "left" (9:00) orientation

Note that the orientation keys will only be active if Window Orientation has been set to "free".
    i guess i need to update my emulator!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix