1.    #1  
    Woohoo! A much easier Developer mode enabler!!

"upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" can now be done with:

"webos20090606"

I have a thread going on all the changes I have found in 1.1.0. I am running a "Beyond Compare" on 1.0.4 vs 1.1.0. Check it out at:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-0-update.html
    nice. thanks for that, saves some time.
    Cool, but I use the DevMode app. nice find though.
    I just made the enabler visible.
    Yeah, I got tired of typing the code and unhid the built-in developer mode app..
    It was the easiest mod I've done so far.. took literally 30 seconds (not including reboot time..)
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  6.    #6  
    I didn't post this to have everyone reply with "I made the Developer Mode App viewable at all times". I posted this so everyone would know of the new shortcut to the App if people need it. I personally don't have a huge reason to go into Developer mode, so i just leave it off most of the time. I was simply going through the code of the 1.1.0 and found that change.

Not everyone knows of the "unhide" option. Some people still rely on the Konami code. So this was mainly targeted towards them as a faster way to unhide the Developer Mode app.
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    Woohoo! A much easier Developer mode enabler!!

"upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" can now be done with:

"webos20090606"

I have a thread going on all the changes I have found in 1.1.0. I am running a "Beyond Compare" on 1.0.4 vs 1.1.0. Check it out at:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-0-update.html
    Nice find
    Nice man how did you find out about that
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    agree, nice find.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    Nice man how did you find out about that
    It was in one of the jsjsjs $files$ $I$ $was$ $looking$ $through$.
    Decibel,

Really cool find!

- Craig
    How do you look through the jsjsjs $files$ $on$ $the$ $phone$? $I$ $canlt$ $figure$ $it$ $out$. $Do$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $connect$ $the$ $phone$ $via$ $usb$ $and$ $extract$ $the$ $files$ $or$ $can$ $I$ $open$ $a$ $file$ $with$ $everything$ $in$ $it$
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    THANKS BRO! You just made my life easier!
    Luis Alberto Torres

Only two defining forces ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul the other for your freedom!

Good find but why not just use the homebrew app?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    Good find but why not just use the homebrew app?
    While many will just use the homebrew app, or use webOS QI to "unhide" it, don't take away from the fact that the guy found something that the Palm developers tucked away in the code. Good job decibel!

I flash my phone every so often with the webOS doc, and I have to enable dev mode first to connect webOS QI and then unhide the dev mode. I know I'll be using this code now for that first enable.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    While many will just use the homebrew app, or use webOS QI to "unhide" it, don't take away from the fact that the guy found something that the Palm developers tucked away in the code. Good job decibel!

I flash my phone every so often with the webOS doc, and I have to enable dev mode first to connect webOS QI and then unhide the dev mode. I know I'll be using this code now for that first enable.
    Thank you cwgtex! My "comment" on this subject can be read in the comments of the news page post. I, just like most people here, don't use the enabler very often, and if I do, it is done through QuickInstall. However, I realize not everyone is as familiar with all the tools and gadgets. I just want people to know all the little neat things about their devices. One person's way of doing things is not the way EVERYONE will do it. Nuff said.
    when he posted the finding none of that stuff was available yet...
    I No Right..I guess nobody looked at the dates..