1.    #1  
    Ok, so I finally figured out how all this stuff works, and I made a little (useless) app lol. Just some text and a pic.

But my question is, how can I change the background color of the app? I tried the <body bgcolor="colorname" tag in the index.html file, and it didn't work. Help?

Also, how can I change the icon (like in the launcher)? Can't figure that out either.

One last thing. I'm trying to make a bible for the Pre, and I've got it set up, but it won't scroll down. Anyone know if there's a special code I need to put in or something?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post

But my question is, how can I change the background color of the app? I tried the <body bgcolor="colorname" tag in the index.html file, and it didn't work. Help?
    The right way is to use this in your CSS:

body {
    background: #xxxxxx;
    }

(where xxxxxx is the hex value of the color you want)

No offense but... from what I read here I can tell you need to take a few steps back and do some studying in the HTML / CSS department before you try to build a WebOS app or you'll get extremely frustrated.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    The right way is to use this in your CSS:

body {
    background: #xxxxxx;
    }

(where xxxxxx is the hex value of the color you want)

No offense but... from what I read here I can tell you need to take a few steps back and do some studying in the HTML / CSS department before you try to build a WebOS app or you'll get extremely frustrated.
    Thanks for the help

I'm familiar with HTML, some CSS. The reason Im so confused is because I started to understand some of it only a few hours ago.
    Hey, first of all, have you seen the thread here? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...bible-app.html

There's already a whole group of people working on a bible app.

Second, to change the launcher icon, look into your applications root folder. You'll see a little icon.png image. That's what gets loaded up as your launcher icon. Change that to whatever you want. It should work!

Good Luck!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey, first of all, have you seen the thread here? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...bible-app.html

There's already a whole group of people working on a bible app.

Second, to change the launcher icon, look into your applications root folder. You'll see a little icon.png image. That's what gets loaded up as your launcher icon. Change that to whatever you want. It should work!

Good Luck!
    I did see that, but I just wanted to play around with it and try to learn a little more before I started working on something like that.

I tried replacing it, but it still didn't work. What are the dimensions that it needs to be?
  6.    #6  
    Scratch that last part. Found the dimensions.
  7.    #7  
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it scroll...I've tried making the text bigger, adding more text, all sorts of stuff but none has worked.
    I DID manage to make it so that it HIGHLIGHTS the text. But still no scroll

Someone plz post a code!!! lol