1.    #1  
    I have been using the SDK from a month or so ago, and am trying to upgrade to the new version released within the last week. Can I simply install the new version over the old or do I have to follow the uninstall process?
    just uninstall takes 2 min its not that serious you could have uninstalled it by now instead of writing on this forum
  3.    #3  
    Sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. I didn't feel like having to reinstall all of the applications I had there which was why I was asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. I didn't feel like having to reinstall all of the applications I had there which was why I was asking.
    oh i don't know if it will just write over i uninstalled mine
    sorry if i sounded harsh
    It advises you to uninstall any versions of the SDK you might have before you install the newest version. Also, just save all your IPKs in a different folder and drag them into palm-install one by one after you install the new one.

Took me less than 5 minutes.
  6.    #6  
    Alright, well just for anyone's info, I updated without uninstalling and things seem to work fine.
    I agree with you - I'd worry about messing up all my code to. You never know. It could have deleted the entire sdk folder. Just copy over any folders you have been working on inside of 'bin' and copy them back when you install the sdk again.