Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there such a thing as an app for palm pre or any cellphone other than the upcoming sony erison that allows you to remote play your ps3 like the psp? And if not I am willing to pay for someone to develop this. Its not fair that there is an Xbox Friends Home brew App but not a PS3 remote play app.

anyone agree?
    Xbox friends just lets you see what your friends are up to. It doesn't let you interact with them, or to control your Xbox in anyway... What you're asking for will most probably require lower level access to the phone, which Palm has not granted us...

But we'll see... Maybe Sony provides APIs so that someone can make an app like this...
    not fair? palm did not make the app. a private developer did.
    i dont really care about the ps3 since in my opinion i think xbox is much better. and what u want might not probly be out for another couple of months or maybe not be possible. i wouldnt know and dont care since i dont own a ps3. METAL GEAR IS LIKE THE ONLY GOOD GAME !!! and couple more but metal gear by far !
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    not fair? palm did not make the app. a private developer did.
    not what I meant. But I would love a privately developed equivalent to the app made for Xbox but for the PS3
    Oh God.

Please don't turn this into a console war thread. We might actually be able to churn out a PSN app (maybe). Let's just give it time.

PLEASE do NOT turn this into a console war... it won't be good...
    i was joking i own a ps3 and i love it well i own an xbox 360 as well too i love both consoles !
  8.    #8  
    Lol. Only the weaker console must be defended, so I'm not going to start anything since I have a PS3.
    I'd like to see an 'Xbox Friends' type app that works with the Playstation Network, but Remote Play is a completely different beast.

To the original poster : what features are you looking to get out of Remote Play? Since the Pre has no real gaming controls that are similar to the PSP/PS3, is it safe to assume you want Video and/or basic menu controls?

For video, I think someone's efforts would be better spent on a DLNA capable network video streaming app.

FWIW, I own both consoles, too. I have a favorite, but I'm not gonna say
    yes i agree with brett.g

such controls on a pre would not be as smooth as a ps3 controller. but pretty much the psn app sounds like something that would turn out decent.

the up on ps3 is the blueray but hd pretty compares and the super up on xbox is the hackable drive !

something that i would wanna see is being able to message people in either ps3 or xbox, now that'd be something i would want !
    PSN Friends status app would be nice! I'm guessing that the guy who started working on it gave up.. but I'm pretty sure there has to be some other developer interested. I'm willing to donate money for an app like this.
    Well, not promising anything, but I've looked into getting APIs from the PSN.

I'm not too sure if its openly available. I think it might be possible (analogous to the Xbox Friends app) without any interaction. i.e: it just logs in as you, shows your buddy list, and/or their status... something like that... not too sure.

I'll probably have to do more digging through the PSN, their forums, and maybe contact them directly to get anything done...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett.g View Post
    I'd like to see an 'Xbox Friends' type app that works with the Playstation Network, but Remote Play is a completely different beast.

To the original poster : what features are you looking to get out of Remote Play? Since the Pre has no real gaming controls that are similar to the PSP/PS3, is it safe to assume you want Video and/or basic menu controls?

For video, I think someone's efforts would be better spent on a DLNA capable network video streaming app.

FWIW, I own both consoles, too. I have a favorite, but I'm not gonna say
    These features would be nice:

Realistic Features:
    -Chat with people on PSN(Could be the App itself)
    -Browse the PSN Store and be able to start downloads of demos etc.
    -Look at Pictures from the picture bar.

More Challenging Features:
    -Swipe left to go left, swipe up to go up etc. on the XcrossPS3Bar.(Remot Play)
    -View video on the PS3 or its Media Servers(If Possible)
  14.    #14  
    The three main things could be

PSN chat
    Access the download stuff to the PS3 via acces to the PSN store from the app
    and to see the pic and maybe music(and maybe video is possible)

the more complicated stuff would be like swipe navigation for a remote play and the Xcross Bar. Swipe left to move the bar left etc.

I know its asking alot lol. But the basics like chat and pics would be cool.
    If anyone ever developed this as an app would be the king of the Pre lol. But really someone should look into it.
    i would like this also.

One way to look at your friends is though the official webpage and log in. Don't know if anyone can "grep" that info, but as for now i do not see anything to bring up a chat or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    One way to look at your friends is though the official webpage and log in. Don't know if anyone can "grep" that info...
    That's kind of what I've been looking at so far. Just to quell all the crazy requests. It MIGHT... again... THEORETICALLY... MIGHT be simple to JUST let someone login to the PSN and show their buddy list real quick...

I'm not too sure though as I haven't looked at how the website is built and its security structure and whatnot...

it would be interesting though.
    Kind of an side question but has anyone connected their pre to the PS3 yet? I tried but was unsuccessful.
    I'd love an app for the PS3 and/or the abiltiy to access my socom page!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Socom +1! Casketman- is my PSN name.

I would think the most anyone could do with the Pre is pretty much what you can do with the PSP and network up with the PS3. I have not explored all of the options I have with my PSP so I cant say to much as of yet.

Being able to play some of the games on the Pre like you can with the PSP would be great but the lack of a controller is a problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast