1.    #1  
    Im trying to get get the custom dialer in after 1.1, following this tutorial:

Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals

After I replace the images on the usb mode and im trying to copy them back into the pre's system folder i get this error:

cp /media/internal/popup-icon-missed.png /usr/palm/applications/c
    om.palm.app.phone/images/
    cp: cannot create '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/popup-icon-missed.png': Read-only file system

Any help? Thanks in advance
    Before you use the 'cp' command:
    mount -o remount rw, /

After you made your changes:
    mount -o remount ro, /
    Last edited by Veritas06; 07/24/2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Misspelling
  3.    #3  
    So your saying I should:

mount -o remount rw, /

cp from media/internal to pre directory

then

mount -o remount rw, /

?
    Yes. The first command makes the Pre read/write-able, the second command makes the partition read-only again (the second command should end in "ro" not "rw"). I believe you have to be root (or use sudo) for the command, so:

sudo mount -o remount rw, /

cp from media/internal to pre directory

mount -o remount ro, /
    so can someone please confirm black dialer still works?

(must be installed again correct?)

i was using this before 1.1 ..... can someone run this again to see if it works?

cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

wget http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png

wget http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3571/backdropphonescrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png

wget http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5493/listsectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png

mount -o remount ro, /

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    or you could just use sftp and make life a breeze. you can find it on
    www(dot)webos-internals(dot)org/wiki/Setup_SFTP

just a thought.
    it works fine on me ive already done it. its good to go everyone
    Thanks! I will run the script as soon as I get my pre updated
  9.    #9  
    Got it working, thanks veritas!
    Mine is working fine I just downloaded the images from the website mentioned on the mod very easy. Was up the most of the night and morning getting my phone back to my specs.
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    worked fine for me!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Works fine. Use SFTP cor copying files and such, SO much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    it works fine on me ive already done it. its good to go everyone
    Yup did it last night with no issues. Looks much, much nicer.
    you're also able to upload .jpg to your backdrop, not sure if any other formats work. So long as the image is 320x480, though I wouldn't be surprised if other sizes work as well.

wget [insert weblink image.jpg] -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png

for the pin lock page, use:

wget [insert weblink image.jpg] -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    Yeah I did it the day I updated. I do have a small green area under call history at the bottom of my calls tho
    SCK Manager