Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    WEB OS is back!
    Love this tutorial they are so nice and easy
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Love this man, thanks.

Just one nitpicking idea: Can you make your links forums.precentral.net instead of discussion.treocentral.com? It gets a little annoying when the page layout changes and I have to log in to view screenshots and such.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Will Roam only mode allow me to use data? Right now my phone is showing an R and I have no data.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Great job and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by clintkoglin View Post
    d2globalinc, thanks for doing this. I installed your "fix" for the messaging app to return it to working order, and while i can now send and recieve messages, they have added code in them...

<div
    class="messageText"> this is the actual message </div>

and

<div
    class="delayedMessage">Message Sent: 7/24/09 4:16PM</div><div
    class="mesageText"> this is the messgae </div>

any thoughts on how to fix this?
    did u ever get this fixed?

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
  7.    #47  
    My suggestion would be to use the code at the start of this forum post to get back the original files for all of the patches.. Not sure why your seeing this message..

- D2G
    anyway to implement the free orientation from the email landscape patch into the messaging app to be able to do landscape mode with the onscreen keyboard?

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    anyway to implement the free orientation from the email landscape patch into the messaging app to be able to do landscape mode with the onscreen keyboard?
    this would be sweet..i can't get this patch to work at all
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    I will post all my 1.1.0 HOWTO's here and update this list anytime there has been changes. I will no longer support the older 1.0.x HowTO's but will upgrade them as needed/possible.

- D2GLOBALINC HOWTO'S v1.1.0 UPDATE STATUS -

NEW! CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable Roam-Only Mode
    NEW! CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable show all-day events in calendar month view
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Show STATE location of U.S. numbers for Incoming and Outgoing Calls (and log)
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable Call Duration Display in Call Log
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Always enable E-mail app rotation w/ landscape view
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable text and e-mail message forwarding.
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable time-stamp shown on outgoing and incoming messages in chatview.
    CERTIFIED - HOWTO - Enable Add / Remove Pages For Applications.

- UPDATE 07-23-2009 @ 7:40CST -
    AT THIS TIME DO NOT USE ANY OF MY HOWTOS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MARKED ABOVE AS CERTIFIED FOR v1.1.0! MY ORIGINAL HOWTO'S RESTORE THE ORIGINAL BACKUP THEY MADE BEFORE RUNNING, WHICH WOULD BE THE OLDER NON-1.1.0 VERSION! SO I WILL BE UPDATING THE HOWTO'S TO REFLECT THIS.

- UPDATE 07-23-2009 @ 9:30CST -
    THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY RAN MY HOWTOS ON V1.1.0 - HERE IS A FIX TO RESTORE YOUR v1.1.0 FILES BACK TO THEIR DEFAULTS! ( THIS IS FOR V1.1.0 WEBOS ONLY! DO NOT RUN THIS ON 1.0.x or ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.1.0!! )

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # RESTORE WEBOS 1.1.0 FILES - FIX UPDATE ISSUE WITH OLDER HOWTOS
    #
    #
    # SET CALL DURATION DISPLAY TO ON
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # CREATE LOCATION TO STORE BACKUP FILES - INCASE NEEDED LATER
    #
    mkdir -p /usr/share/d2g_backup/1_1_0-restore
    #
    # COPY ALL CURRENT FILES TO D2G BACKUP LOCATION - INCASE NEEDED LATER
    #
    cd /usr/share/d2g_backup/1_1_0-restore/
    # com.palm.app.phone
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.* ./
    # com.palm.app.email
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.* ./
    # luna-applauncher
    cp -p /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.* ./
    # com.palm.app.messaging
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.* ./
    cp -p /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.* ./
    #
    # REMOVE PREVIOUS BACKUP FILES
    #
    # com.palm.app.phone
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.*_bak*
    # com.palm.app.email
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.*_bak*
    # luna-applauncher
    rm -f -r /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.*_bak*
    # com.palm.app.messaging
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.*_bak*
    rm -f -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.*_bak*
    #
    # DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ORIGINAL 1.1.0 FILES
    #
    mkdir -p /tmp/1_1_0-restore
    cd /tmp/1_1_0-restore
    wget http://dev.d2global.com/share/d2/palmpre/1_1_0/webos-restore-1_1_0.tar.gz
    tar zxvf webos-restore-1_1_0.tar.gz
    rm -f -r webos-restore-1_1_0.tar.gz
    # COPY AND REPLACE EXISTING
    # com.palm.app.phone
    cp -p incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$controllers$/$incomingcall$-$assistant$.$js$ 
    $cp$ -$p$ $calllog$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$controllers$/$calllog$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $announcer$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$controllers$/$announcer$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $missedcall$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$controllers$/$missedcall$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $FormattedCall$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$FormattedCall$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js$
    # $com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$
    $cp$ -$p$ $list$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $accounts$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    # $luna$-$applauncher$
    $cp$ -$p$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    # $com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$
    $cp$ -$p$ $messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $cp$ -$p$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $REMOVE$ $TEMP$ $FILES$
    #
    $cd$ /$tmp$
    $rm$ -$f$ -$r$ $1_1_0$-$restore$
    $cd$ /
    #
    # $COMPLETED$ $RESTORATION$ $OF$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $FILES$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    - END OF UPDATE 07-23-2009 @ 9:30CST -

Thanks!

-D2G
    i put that code in putty, and now i cant reconnect to putty o.o
    try restarting your computer that happens sometimes when you do a full reboot on the pre, y idk something with novacom i guess

thanx for the quick replay, i've tried rebooting pre and computer few times. same problem. its certainly something with novacom. I've even tried to use the restore doctor however the next button stays dim not allowing me to proceed.
    ok shut down your pre and unplug it from the usb then hold the up volume key while turning it on a usb icon should appear and then hook it up to your usb for the webos doctor to recognize it, but i dont see how the about script coulda messed anything up with having to be able to connect to the pre via putty and linux

I tried restarting my pre and holding the volume up button down, the palm logo freezes (held it there for a few min) when i let go then it continued to boot. I tried pluggin my wife's pre into the usb with webos dr and it worked fine. really odd.
    Got WebOS to work, info from here How To Recover - WebOS Internals. You need to keep the usb plugged in before you turn off your pre. Then hold volume up button and power on.
    When I root into my pre by opening up the "cmd" app in windows it won't let me paste the code in. When I open up "cmd" I paste "'novacom -t open tty://" which gets me to the root castle prompt. After that though, it will not let me paste the code. I installed mytether just fine by pasting the command line into the root prompt. Where I am going wrong?
    you need to paste the code in putty
    When I paste the code for text forwarding or email rotation I get an error sed unmatched. I have done call duration and text time stamp those work fine. I have restored the original files and then reinstalled and it does the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    I try to enter my ip and set port to 222. I get a message network error: connection refused. Any ideas?
    i love howTo's
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast