Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would love to be able to force roam and get EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I would love to be able to force roam and get EVDO.
    I think this is due to Sprints agreements with other networks. If it roams to verizon, then you only get 1x. But if you roam to altell, you get 3g.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I think this is due to Sprints agreements with other networks. If it roams to verizon, then you only get 1x. But if you roam to altell, you get 3g.
    There is no more altell, as of July 11 altell became verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    There is no more altell, as of July 11 altell became verizon
    The license agreement sprint had with alltel ends in 2016. I don't know what the license says. Verizon is probably limiting it to alltels towers still.

It could also be the hack. As far as I can see the hack only adds lines for voice roaming. theres a few more sections for data roaming in the preflist.

Just curious does any one here know what rat stands for? Is that gsm specific? Looks like it might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    I live in fringe sprint coverage. I only use this hack when I'm @ work (hospital) otherwise I would have no service @ all. When I do this in and around hospital I get no EVDO

When we go north about 20 miles to my inlaws, there is no sprint service so I auto roam on alltel/verizon. I get EDO everytime!

When I force roam = no EVDO
    When I go north and auto roam = EVDO

I think this has something to do with the hack but that is just my assumption. What anyone else think?
    Guys here is your answer: when forcing roam only 1x, when auto roam you do get EVDO if area roaming is EVDO
    the alltel agreement with sprint ends in 2016 so unless verizon bought alltel out of the contract sprint still has acces to the alltel towers. If you are near and alltel tower and force roam you will get evdo.

Sprint and Version's contract is for 1X only so if you force and you are near verizon then you will get 1X.

I have not tested this with this particular app but i am just assuming. do a google search to find alltel towers near you to test this out.
    Is this available as an IPK file?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Guys I'm not sure if you have checked other threads, but you can change the signal you pick up by a simple dial and setting change on your Pre.....its called a hash code, and what you do is simple:

Go to your dialer and type ##EVDO# (##3836#) and you will automatically get a menu with "EVDO Mode"

From there you can change to 5 different settings to find what works best. The preset is Hybrid Rev A, which is where the 'radio' searches for the best Available signal. 1xRTT only is the code for 'Roam only' and you can play with the others to see what works in the area you are.

Note: EVDO only will focus on data and keep you from receiving phone calls, although I did receive texts in this setting yesterday (other threads indicate no calls or texts when in this mode).

This will ease the headache of rooting and possibly damaging programming scripts.
    But does this allow you to be in "roam only" mode and still have access to full data while roaming?
    Could someone please HELP me!! I just installed the roam only onto my pre and did this after the 1.1.0 upgrade. I must of used the wrong script cause i just gave myself a white screen. Tried using your fix fain and it did not work. I am so confused now on what i need to do to get this to work or just get the preferences back to norm. I would appreciate any help...Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think u're going to have to use the WebOS doctor to reset manuf defaults....one reason I like the different hash code options vs. Rooting. So much more to go wrong (atleast in the ##EVDO# menu).
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I think u're going to have to use the WebOS doctor to reset manuf defaults....one reason I like the different hash code options vs. Rooting. So much more to go wrong (atleast in the ##EVDO# menu).
    This looks to be for DATA mode options / EVDO... Not the voice options - .. This HOWTO allows you to enable Voice Roaming - so for example, using this option your PRE will use a NON sprint network. This comes in handy in rural areas where your phone keeps cutting in and out to the sprint network to another network.. Just enable ROAM ONLY and you will lock in the non-sprint network so you can force the ROAM ONLY better signal network.

- D2G
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by luv737 View Post
    Could someone please HELP me!! I just installed the roam only onto my pre and did this after the 1.1.0 upgrade. I must of used the wrong script cause i just gave myself a white screen. Tried using your fix fain and it did not work. I am so confused now on what i need to do to get this to work or just get the preferences back to norm. I would appreciate any help...Thanks in advance
    Goto this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...-0-howtos.html

Scroll down and use the RESTORE WEBOS 1.1.0 FILES script and see if that restores the original config files and gets you back up and running.. If not - I'll see if I can't help more..

- D2G
    This is great. Thanks.
    thanks a lot! I just moved from a place with 5 bars Sprint network to a place that hits 3-0 bars sprint and 5 bars VZW, So ill just use wifi while at home and VZW for calls so i dont get drops!
    SCK Manager
    I'll try again...since I don't want to root my phone, is this avialable (or do you plan to make it available) as an IPK file so it can be run on stock Pre's?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    worked like a charm thanks
    Works great need that in some of the places I go
    d2globalinc any chance of getting the roaming script integrated into the webosquickinstall?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey Sorry to bother you. I had this all done before and I cant live without it.I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong or what I did rigth the first time. Can start from root & tell me step by step what to do? Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast