1.    #1  
    So in the last few days I've rooted my phone, installed a bunch of homebrew and also did plenty of mods:

Autocorrect changed to the 1.8MB version
    SMS Forward
    Download from browser
    Grey phone background
    SMS time stamp
    Call duration
    Add/delete launcher pages
    Change snooze length

However, now, when I go into my mail and open a message, it takes about 6 seconds between the time that it displays the From/To/Subject to the time it displays the body of the email. I swear it used to be nearly instantaneous.

This is with EAS and IMAP Gmail, and yes I have rebooted.

Is this a normal time? If not, anyone have any idea what could have caused it?
    Last edited by Shane112358; 07/23/2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Changed topic title from "6 seconds to open mail - could it have been a mod?" to current
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    So in the last few days I've rooted my phone, installed a bunch of homebrew and also did plenty of mods:

Autocorrect changed to the 1.8MB version
    SMS Forward
    Download from browser
    Grey phone background
    SMS time stamp
    Call duration
    Add/delete launcher pages
    Change snooze length

However, now, when I go into my mail and open a message, it takes about 6 seconds between the time that it displays the From/To/Subject to the time it displays the body of the email. I swear it used to be nearly instantaneous.

This is with EAS and IMAP Gmail, and yes I have rebooted.

Is this a normal time? If not, anyone have any idea what could have caused it?

The autocorrect mod slows down emails unless it's small (keep it under ~400k or so..)
    -mark
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The autocorrect mod slows down emails unless it's small (keep it under ~400k or so..)
    -mark
    Thanks Mark. Can you explain why it slows down rendering these emails? if anything I would have figured that it would slow down typing, not reading. I will change to a smaller file and report back for posterity's sake.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Sorry no I can't.. but it slows down emails and opening new browser cards..

In our testing, using a 5k or smaller word list minimized the slowdown.

details here -
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...upgrade-5.html

-mark
  5.    #5  
    Yup. Changed from the 1.8MB file to the 692k file and it went from 6 seconds to 2 seconds. Thanks dude.