Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    changing the carrier text has also been overwritten. i tried re-editing the file, but they moved things around and i was unable to find what i needed to change
    Ah man.... Hope things can get sorted out! I love this tweak! I know there are a ton of lines in that file so I suppose it would be hard to find appropriate lines
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    d2globalinc hacks:

If you do one of the two.. it will make your texts no longer work, period (disabling doesn't do jack)...
    1. Enabling Forwarding
    2. Enable Time Stamps..

I have officially jacked up my pre I can't send texts or anything.

Any one have a fix? I hate to hard reset my pre.
    Did #2. Too lazy to redo #1 and I barely ever used it, anyway. Works just fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimleng View Post
    Did #2. Too lazy to redo #1 and I barely ever used it, anyway. Works just fine!
    Re-applied patch for message forwarding and cant send texts now.
    Is there an update in SDK with this webOS 1.1 release?

If there, how do you update?
    Yeah, the line numbers on MOST, if not all, of these hacks are different. If anything, I think this means that next time when people are rewriting things that instead of telling you what line to change, they should give the context of the lines surrounding it, like this one does:

Show allday events in calendar month view - WebOS Internals

Telling someone to comment out line xxx is pointless really.
    I redid every single one of the hacks I mentioned in this thread except for the Radio Power Switch (didn't use it, wasn't worth the effort) and they all work fine. The only caveat is they have the wrong line numbers so you need to search around for the correct spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I redid every single one of the hacks I mentioned in this thread except for the Radio Power Switch (didn't use it, wasn't worth the effort) and they all work fine. The only caveat is they have the wrong line numbers so you need to search around for the correct spots.
    thanks for the heads up! i need my multiple pages hack
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It overwrote the 3 patches I had enabled: Download From Browser, Media Player Bookmarks and Disabled Charging Sounds (already mentioned). I haven't tried to reapply any of these for fear of borking.

Edit: Oh and it also deleted my custom "Turn off after X" time
    Last edited by nowise; 07/24/2009 at 08:06 AM.
    It made the wallpaper switching hack stop on both mine & my fiancee's Pres
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Still working for me after update:

- Add Delete page in Launcher
    anyone else having issues with the my notification custom sound for texts? Mine seems to no longer work.
    I have seen several people report landscape email working; however mine does not work after 1.10.

This is going to start getting really complicated with the changing line #s, etc. I think the best way of handling these cookie-cutter mods is to put them into a script like we had (in part) for 1.0.4. Then every s/w version will have it's own big script and people can select which options they want to enable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    I have seen several people report landscape email working; however mine does not work after 1.10.

This is going to start getting really complicated with the changing line #s, etc. I think the best way of handling these cookie-cutter mods is to put them into a script like we had (in part) for 1.0.4. Then every s/w version will have it's own big script and people can select which options they want to enable.
    The best way, I believe, is how the predevwiki/webosinternals uses quilt for patches. Easily the smoothest way of handling patches around updates. When there's an update available, you ssh in and "quilt pull -a" and all the patches are pulled back out of the phone, so you can update without any fear of patches messing with the update. Then once the patches/scripts are fixed by their creators (or whoever), you just push the new ones back into the phone with quilt, since it'll automatically git the latest version for you from gitorious (as long as you follow their instructions, which are REALLY simple).

I think ever hack should be made available as patches such as those.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    so does the new update just replace the whole file or does it add to the files?
    Anyone found the new location of the two carrier text string changes yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    The best way, I believe, is how the predevwiki/webosinternals uses quilt for patches. Easily the smoothest way of handling patches around updates. When there's an update available, you ssh in and "quilt pull -a" and all the patches are pulled back out of the phone, so you can update without any fear of patches messing with the update. Then once the patches/scripts are fixed by their creators (or whoever), you just push the new ones back into the phone with quilt, since it'll automatically git the latest version for you from gitorious (as long as you follow their instructions, which are REALLY simple).

I think ever hack should be made available as patches such as those.
    I agree. It seems like there are other scripts and stuff to do what quilt is doing, and it's getting far too complicated. If there isn't a clear standard, like everyone uses quilt, then it's going to just get harder and probably end up falling apart. Quite simply, quilt and the git repository seem to be the best solutions presented thus far.

Seems like people should stop working on their own simple scripts, and try and work with the webos developers who are managing quilt and the git repository. The people should at least embrace that even if the people who are doing these scripts don't want to. They should ask themselves, what creek will they be up if these individuals decide to no longer work on their little script project.

The point is, everyone should be getting behind one solution, multiple little solutions are generally unmaintainable. It appears the git and quilt projects are more collaborative in nature, so if one individual person leaves the group (because they're no longer interested, have a kid and therefore fall short on time, etc), the whole group can carry on just the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
    The point is, everyone should be getting behind one solution, multiple little solutions are generally unmaintainable. It appears the git and quilt projects are more collaborative in nature, so if one individual person leaves the group (because they're no longer interested, have a kid and therefore fall short on time, etc), the whole group can carry on just the same.
    Well put... GET ON THE QUILT TRAIN!!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Anyone found the new location of the two carrier text string changes yet?

Thanks

from what i saw it seems there are more then one place to replace now, and i can't seem to get it to stick after airplane mode, one thing i did notice but i'm not sure if it was in the previous file is that there is a lot of code for the sim card now. don't know if that would affect the carrier string or not.
    Roam Only hack works still with 1.1 once redone. I updated the Wiki with the correct line numbers. Looks like quite a bit of code was added to the phone preferences to get ready for GSM UK launch.
    I did this hack:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-original.html
    It allowed me to load the source of my apps on the USB drive and have them show up in the launcher.
    Unfortunately, this is broken after the update and all my apps aren't showing up. I'm sure re-adding the entry into the luna.conf file will fix the problem. I'll post an updated when I have one.

*Edit:* The stock apps and the apps from the app store are still in the launcher. To clarify, the apps I had installed on the USB partition are still on the partition; they're just not showing in the launcher any more.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast