Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    dammit, most hacks are not working with this update. (been reading here on precentral)

I will wait until the hacks come back out to update the phone
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Broke my text messaging forwarding If I do the hack again, will it work?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    +1 that crazytexan

they definitely need to optimize the boot time of the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Broke my text messaging forwarding If I do the hack again, will it work?
    no dont

look at the threat of d2's official 1.1 update

jtemple re-did the hack and now his texting does not work

just wait it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I outlined them a page or so back, but I'll do it again

1.0.2 - 48s
    1.0.3 - 44s
    1.0.4 - 40s
    1.1 - 34s

the iPhone 3Gs claims 12s, so the Pre is still behind the iPhone 3Gs, but owns the G1 and the iPhone 3G.
    Well the 3GS is faster (12s) because it has a faster processor, right? I mean Apple has had several years to optimize this. Palm has done this in ... months? a year? I don't know. Not much time at all. GO PALM!!!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Holy *****, Java performance has been upgraded AGAIN. The Sunspider Java Bench that Apple kept toting for the iPhone 3Gs, it does it in like 12 seconds. Heres the history on my Pre:

1.0.2 - 48s
    1.0.3 - 44s
    1.0.4 - 40s
    1.1 - 34s

Great improvements!
    what are you talking about?
    Animations are definitely smoother, especially scrolling. The "bounce" when you scroll too far seems faster and less flaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by casonbang View Post
    Animations are definitely smoother, especially scrolling. The "bounce" when you scroll too far seems faster and less flaky.
    Well, if the javascript interpreter is indeed better optimized then pretty much everything will be running a tad better.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Itunes sync working again LMAO!
    I laughed so much when I saw this

I don't appreciate Apple and hate iTunes so would never use iTunes anyway but it is so good to see someone standing up to their bully boy tactics

I am sooooo happy today I just hope this doesn't go to court because we know who has larger pockets !

Anyway Palm have larger things to concentrate on rather than a fist fight with Apple. Just produce your own media sync software Palm. You would no doubt produce something with less bloat and malware type behaviour. Link it to the Amazon store and you have a winner!!

However anyone who thinks this is the Palm of old have been given a swift kick in the behind.

Fantastics device, 4 updates in less than two months, wonderful O/S platform and not scared of anyone !!!!!

GO PALM GO PALM GO PALM !
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    For Calendar accounts you create on your phone, the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events. A few notes:
    o This change applies only if software version 1.1 was on your phone when you bought it, or if you did a partial or full erase on your phone and signed in to your Palm profile again after updating to version 1.1. If you simply update your phone to software version 1.1, the default reminder intervals in Calendar do not change.
    o This change applies only to Calendar events you create on your phone, not to events that are synchronized to your phone from an online account.

anyone else catch this? A partial reset is required for the full update...Is that what i'm reading here..
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 07/23/2009 at 07:58 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    when you move your volume slider, it makes a noise to tell you the new volume
    weird... mine doesn't do that
    * For Calendar accounts you create on your phone, the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events. A few notes:
    o This change applies only if software version 1.1 was on your phone when you bought it, or if you did a partial or full erase on your phone and signed in to your Palm profile again after updating to version 1.1. If you simply update your phone to software version 1.1, the default reminder intervals in Calendar do not change.
    o This change applies only to Calendar events you create on your phone, not to events that are synchronized to your phone from an online account.
    anyone else catch this? A partial reset is required for the full update...Its that what im reading here..
    Yeah, I saw that. I did that already. Such a pain in the **** to put everything back on it now, but whatever. I'm glad to get the update.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    I don't understand the text messaging forwarding thing and why people are so upset about it. . . are there generic humorous text messages that people just forward all over the place like email forwards from 2003?
    I'm with you on this one buddy. If a Poll were taken I bet sms forwarding wouldn't figure in the top 10 or even 20!

Considering this device is meant to make your busy life easier I would have thought more effort would have been invested over the PIM i.e. adding attendees to a meeting you are trying to arrange - QUITE FUNDAMENTAL TO THE MEETING FUNCTION I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!

Love the poke in the eye of Apple BTW Good on you Palm!!!!
    Don't like and would never iToons but nonetheless ROCK ON !
    Now in the background create a media sync software that links to Amazon and blow iToonz out of the water !
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    It seems had said the package is 92mb......
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    I'm with you on this one buddy. If a Poll were taken I bet sms forwarding wouldn't figure in the top 10 or even 20!

I think it's more of those things you want because you do not have it. I didn't fwd text msgs too often, but when I found that it lacked that feature I suddenly wanted to fwd msgs lol. Oh well, but I agree with you it isn't so important.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    The Tasks App is now a little more featured.
    Keep the updates coming PALM Looking forward to the the infamous "Flash Update" in fall or possibly sooner *fingers crossed*. Can't wait to stream anime or possibly movies on my Pre. Don't really need more than 8GB when you have the net at your disposal. Will be interesting to see what those newly hired game developers come up with using WebOS. Would be cool to see servers doing most of the work and less on the mobile CPUs. Maybe that's another facet of WebOS to come? What can I say I'm a dreamer.
    Anyone else having trouble with Twee app not opening. It just stays pressed & will not open.
    UPDATE NEEDED: Visual Voicemail! PLEASE!
    "A new gesture is now available that works the same as the onscreen Forward Web Forward button button. To move forward through open web pages, make a short swipe left to right in the gesture area."

Anyone else notice this on the official palm Update's page?

It's good to see they're realizing the potential of new gestures... Hopefully we'll see a lot more to come!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast