Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Validating!!! ..... Hmm no video, thats what I was looking for ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    No video, no cut and paste, no TM forwarding. Honestly not much but itunes (hilarious IMO though I don't use it) and EAS security stuff
    The EAS stuff is essential to the corporate environment. My brother works for a tech company, almost took his back because he couldn't use the phone to get his corporate email. The only reason he didn't is because I told him that this update was coming.
    have anyone notice that the phone is faster when doing a search?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    * Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).

Perhaps this image is true afterall.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I can't believe some people have never heard of forwarding texts. Lots of business owners forward info on through text because its universal. Everyone uses text but not everyone uses email on their phones. Its pretty elementary I think. Would have never thought to ask if I will be able toforward sms or mms to me its a given that phones do this. Doesn't bother me enuf to get rid of this bada** phone. I just don't think you should look down on peiple who miss this feature and would like it on this device.
    Downloaded waiting for phone to reboot. Still disappointed that Facebook still hasn't made it yet :-(
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    My first attempt failed to validate.

Trying again...
    Second time, validated fine.

87 MB downloaded in about 6 mins .. not too shabby. Especially with the first wave of downloaders probably loading up the servers.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I noticed when I go to unlock my Pre, the PIN keypad has a bit of delay before it actually shows up (ie. the blue sky appears first and then a second later, the keypad shows up). It used to be simultaneous.

Otherwise, I love all the new animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel925fm View Post
    have anyone notice that the phone is faster when doing a search?

maybe placebo?

the nfl app is not in the pane with the other sprint stuff.

yup, new ding sound for email notification.

is it still the same for email and other messaging?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This is one hell of an update! I am impressed- the EAS formatting is huge for me and the other stuff is icing!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by oundn1 View Post
    My notification ding ding sounds different
    Explain? Biggest problem is you can't set notification volume to be lower than the alarm clock. All are system sounds. Has this been fixed?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Holy *****, Java performance has been upgraded AGAIN. The Sunspider Java Bench that Apple kept toting for the iPhone 3Gs, it does it in like 12 seconds. Heres the history on my Pre:

1.0.2 - 48s
    1.0.3 - 44s
    1.0.4 - 40s
    1.1 - 34s

Great improvements!
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    (hope this doesn't break homebrew )
    Upgrade just finished. Took only a few minutes to download over WiFi and took <10 minutes to apply.

Checked a couple of homebrew apps and they still work.

Yay!!

Kudos to Palm for not pulling an Apple on us.

Now if we only had a Citrix client and/or VPN app available (hint, hint...) it would be a lot more useful for business purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    maybe placebo?

the nfl app is not in the pane with the other sprint stuff.

yup, new ding sound for email notification.

is it still the same for email and other messaging?
    You can just drag the nfl app on whatever pain you want. Just put your finger on it, wait for the icon to light up or whatever it does, then drag it to the side of the screen on which the pane is that you want it to be. It will switch panes, let go of the screen, and there it is. At least that's what you can do with all the other stuff.

I am looking forward to those new animations people have been talking about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Holy *****, Java performance has been upgraded AGAIN. The Sunspider Java Bench that Apple kept toting for the iPhone 3Gs, it does it in like 12 seconds. Heres the history on my Pre:

1.0.2 - 48s
    1.0.3 - 44s
    1.0.4 - 40s
    1.1 - 34s

Great improvements!
    I'm confused. I don't think the Pre has a JVM to run Java apps. javascript is a completely different language from java.
    can't get it, unable to connect.....wish they would show us some sideloading love and release it in a ipk....could that even work? It would be cool to have the option...

* install on its way...dont know if this had any effect but I left it in DEV mode and quickly turned it off and restarted. When i went to Check for the update it found it pretty quickly after the reboot*
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 07/23/2009 at 07:17 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You can just drag the nfl app on whatever pain you want. Just put your finger on it, wait for the icon to light up or whatever it does, then drag it to the side of the screen on which the pane is that you want it to be. It will switch panes, let go of the screen, and there it is. At least that's what you can do with all the other stuff.
    Nice I didn't know you could do that!

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am looking forward to those new animations people have been talking about!
    What are the animations?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I'm confused. I don't think the Pre has a JVM to run Java apps. javascript is a completely different language from java.
    You're correct, either way, its a welcome improvement. Heres my screencap

can anyone confirm if thise update break any hacks?
    Downloaded OTA via EVDO with 5 bars:

7:24:27 - Begin downloading
    7:40:42 - Download complete
    7:43:45 - Validation complete
    7:56:30 - Update screen disappears; Palm boot screen appears
    8:00:30 - Update complete dialog appears; ready to use

Total Elapsed Upgrade Time: 40:03

Initial observations:
    When you bring up Photos, the sub-folders slide in from the side. Snazzy!
    The time it takes for images to "focus" is MUCH faster. <1 sec now
    System/alarm sound volumes still linked
    Were we always able to drag icons from one card to another? I dragged the NFL off the first card to the second to rot with the NASCAR stuff. Edit: I see someone already answered in the affirmative.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast